Excessive faction police response to illegal wares (7B2)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

vr01
x4

Excessive faction police response to illegal wares (7B2)

Post by vr01 » Tue, 16. Apr 24, 17:23

I stupidly got caught with illegal wares whilst loitering in Argon Prime. Didn't think much of it and immediately flew to Second Contact II Flashpoint (currently owned by HOP) without engaging the Argon police ship.

Relationship with Argon was +30.

Immediately, the Argon fleet started to harass my mining ships as they transited Argon Prime. It would appear that one of my miners "used judgement" and got a lucky shot off that destroyed a small fighter. Now it is a bloodbath in Argon Prime with the fleet now actively destroying all of my mining / transport ships that are transiting through Argon Prime.

Is this intended behaviour? I can understand the police ship continuing to target me in the ship I am flying. I don't understand the harassment of my assets at +30 as there doesn't appear to be a way to stop the carnage.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sUomoJ ... sp=sharing

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: Excessive faction police response to illegal wares (7B2)

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 14:07

Save's too late to determine why the Argon ships in Argon Prime are hostile towards your faction. Would you happen to have a save from shortly before this happens?

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 14:12

Do note that it can very well have resulted from having caught you with illegal wares (and you presumably refusing to surrender them), but am unable to determine that that is indeed the cause from the save at this state. The apprehending police ship calls for help in this case and temporary relation changes with anyone in the player faction always propagates to the rest of the player faction. Otherwise, for example, if you order a ship to attack something, other ships (or their turrets) won't know to treat that thing as hostile and you could have a situation where something is hostile to one of your ships but won't appear hostile to you.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 17:39

j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 14:12
Do note that it can very well have resulted from having caught you with illegal wares (and you presumably refusing to surrender them), but am unable to determine that that is indeed the cause from the save at this state. The apprehending police ship calls for help in this case and temporary relation changes with anyone in the player faction always propagates to the rest of the player faction. Otherwise, for example, if you order a ship to attack something, other ships (or their turrets) won't know to treat that thing as hostile and you could have a situation where something is hostile to one of your ships but won't appear hostile to you.
This is the save from approximately 20 minutes before. I have rerun from here for an hour and not had the police scan me so mileage may vary...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRInuc ... sp=sharing

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 22:04

I have had similar issues but I thought it was worked as intended. After EMP scanning a module the local authorities started destroying all of my local assets (several freighters and mining ships) - this happens 100% of the time, if local authority becomes hostile towards me for doing something illegal it's like they "lash out" at my local structures. So I adopted a play style of doing illegal stuff only in areas where I don't have assets. If this isn't as intended then it should be fixed. I dont have a save but this can easily be reproduced with little effort by just breaking the law in any sector where you have local assets.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”