[FEEDBACK] Existential Crisis

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Casishur
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK] Existential Crisis

Post by Casishur » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 14:52

The last time such an aggressive attack by the Khaak took place was in X2, where Trantor was destroyed.
The trigger was something to do with the Paranids and large-scale Nividium mining.
but apparently the races have learned a lot about station defence and that's why some of the khaak attacks come to nothing, so that they can't be repeated directly, as in trantor.
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 17:55

Cazineer wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 24, 00:59
My new username is AutoCAZ, but I can't change it on the forums. I've never posted on the forums before, but my overwhelming disappointment with the new crisis in 7.0 has prompted me to post for the first time.

As a veteran player with over 2,000 hours in X4 (I also stream and make content for X4), I was excited to learn that the 7.0 update included a crisis marketed as being designed for experienced players like myself (finally). However, upon trying the crisis, I was shocked and deeply disappointed. The crisis feels like an absolute minimum viable effort to tick a box, and I struggle to find how it could be designed for veteran players.

The current crisis is not an existential threat; it's merely an event that causes Xenon and Ka'Hak ships to spawn on top of the player's assets. It's as low-effort as a crisis could possibly be. If a player spends hundreds of hours shaping the galaxy, an existential crisis should threaten the very existence of those efforts. Almost everything about this crisis deviates from the heart and soul of what X4 is in my opinion.

I refuse to believe that a team that subscribes to the principles displayed on the loading screens, such as "To go places and do things that have never been done before - that's what living is all about", or "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the star," and "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it" would consider this crisis to be in alignment with those ideals.

A well-designed crisis for veteran players should be challenging, engaging, and true to the essence of X4. While others on the forums have shared similar ideas, which is a testament to the creativity and passion of the community, I would like to present an example of what I believe would make for a compelling endgame crisis intended for veteran players.

The Xenon Invasion

Background: The Xenon have discovered an ancient technology that allows them to rapidly produce ships and expand their territory. They have built massive production facilities in hidden sectors accessible only through heavily guarded gates (maybe infested?). To make matters worse, the Xenon have found a way to take control of the Ka'Hak, forcing them to join their ranks and fight alongside them.

Crisis Events
:
  • 1. Xenon Gates Activate: Multiple Xenon gates suddenly activate across the galaxy, allowing Xenon fleets to pour into targeted sectors (sectors could be picked from a pool), catching the other factions off guard.
    2. Rapid Xenon Production: Inside the gated sectors, the Xenon use their newly discovered technology to produce ships at an alarming rate, quickly amassing a formidable fleet.
    3. Ka'Hak Subjugation: The Xenon reveal their control over the Ka'Hak, with Ka'Hak ships, including a new powerful capital ship called the Ravager, joining the Xenon forces.
    4. Sector Invasions: The Xenon and Ka'Hak forces launch coordinated attacks on key sectors, targeting stations, shipyards, and resource facilities to cripple the other factions.
    5. Gate Defenses: The Xenon heavily fortify their gates, making it challenging for the player and other factions to breach them and access the hidden production sectors.
Challenges:
  • 1. Defending Key Sectors: The player must prioritize the defense of critical sectors and stations against the relentless Xenon and Ka'Hak assaults.
    2. Breaching Xenon Gates: To stop the rapid production of Xenon ships, the player must find ways to breach the heavily defended gates and access the hidden sectors.
    3. Countering the Ravager: The player must develop strategies to counter the powerful Ka'Hak Ravager capital ship, which poses a significant threat to their forces.
    4. Resource Management: With the Xenon and Ka'Hak targeting resource facilities, the player must secure and manage their resources effectively to sustain their war efforts.
    5. Diplomatic Alliances: The player must forge alliances with other factions to coordinate defenses, share intelligence, and launch joint operations against the Xenon and Ka'Hak.
Resolution: To win the crisis, the player must lead a coalition of factions to breach the Xenon gates, infiltrate the hidden production sectors, and destroy the rapid production facilities. They must also find a way to sever the Xenon's control over the Ka'Hak, either through diplomacy or by defeating the Ravagers and other key Ka'Hak ships. Once the production sectors are taken and the Ka'Hak are freed, the player and their allies can push back the Xenon invasion and restore peace to the galaxy.

This endgame crisis offers veteran players a challenging scenario that requires strategic planning, resource management, and diplomatic skills as they face a two-pronged threat from the Xenon and the enslaved Ka'Hak forces.

Side Note:
To cater to veteran players seeking a true test of their skills, the Xenon Invasion endgame crisis should be designed as a triggerable event that can be initiated at any time during the late game, once the player has reached a certain level of progress or met specific criteria. This allows players to choose when they feel ready to tackle the challenge, ensuring they have the opportunity to prepare their empire, fleets, and alliances beforehand.

I strongly urge Egosoft to reconsider the design of the current crisis and to create content that truly challenges and engages veteran players while remaining faithful to the spirit of X4. As a passionate member of the X4 community, I believe that Egosoft is capable of delivering exceptional content, and I hope that future updates will reflect the creativity, depth, and ambition that define the X series.

Sincerely,

AutoCAZ
To be honest, this is the type of crisis I was expecting until I read about what it actually is. I admit my expectations were probably too high, but still this would be amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if similar ideas were in initial meetings at egosoft but due to resource constraints they decided to start with something much simpler. The effort of the crisis seems to me to be a much lower effort than say, the effort put into creating the new ships (which are amazing). I hope this is iterated on and improved over time, especially with a goal to eventually get to something like this.

geldonyetich
x4

Post by geldonyetich » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 19:39

This is fair. I'm sure they worked really hard on this.

Because I've been trying to test the economy from a fresh start, I haven't accumulated the necessary half-billion credits of military assets to visit this feature yet.
Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 24, 12:12
  • General Feedback on the crisis system as a whole
From everything I've read here, I don't know why I'd want to participate in this particular feature. It sounds like I'm just inviting a bunch of really tough ships to come and blow up my stuff because I'm bored.

Giving us an artificial crisis and calling it an "existential crisis" feels rude when some us were facing an actual existential crisis at the endgame.
  • Feedback with regards to when the crisis starts (player readiness for example)
I'd rather it started when the player began the game because waiting for me to hit a button to start the crisis feels artificial.
  • Feedback on the strength of the Crisis or individual ships
Well, balancing the threat to be exact for each player is going to be hard considering the X4 playerbase widely varies in skill and capabilities. So I'd say it's probably inevitable that the strength of the crisis is probably going to seem too hard or too easy to a lot of them.
  • Feedback on how relevant the location is for the player, where the crisis appeared
A lot of frustration has already been expressed by other players that having it circumvent their defenses feels unfair to them. Personally, I wouldn't mind this too much on the grounds that I imagine massive Xenon and Kha'ak fleets are looming outside of the gate network so they can attack from anywhere at any time. However, it probably feels a little weird to push a button to start the crisis for that to happen.

That is my first impression and likely the impression you will encounter when players hear about the existential crisis from other players.

I will say nothing more on this feature until I actually try this feature.

ZombyDog
x4

Post by ZombyDog » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 02:39

I'm going to preface my feedback by saying that I'm not an empire builder kind of guy, I tend to start over when I get to the stage in the game where I've dealt with the biggest threats, done most of the faction storylines and peace out during my first terraforming job. I don't enjoy micromanagement and when the build queues start getting too long I've generally had enough.
That said, I do have a several hundred hour long save from the Ventures beta which I used to first check out the Crisis and the net damage from the first attack was fairly trivial and I was given ample opportunity to reposition assets for subsequent attacks. I wouldn't say I was prepared for the first attack, I'm very complacent when it comes to station defences and I don't typically operate a lot of home defence fleets ( the exception in this save being in Windfall where I needed to keep destroyers on hand to keep burning down Vig Keepsake and shipyards after things escalated out of control after brokering a deal with the Northriver Twins ), although I did have some fast corvettes around to help against rival venturers. First wave happens, I end up with some damaged stations, I lose a bunch of industrial ships and I've had to abandon my assault on a Xenon sector. I'm out a whole bunch of credits, but at this stage in the game it's a drop in the bucket, the actual harm done is just the inconvenience and now I'm awake with horribly beweaponed star cruisers poised to unleash electric death on the next Kha'ak chitterer that pops up it's head.
I then hit up the station planner, draft up a self contained PHQ shipyard and start a custom game in Mists of Artemis. Mists is really rich in all of the good things ( except Ice, had to clear a path through The Void to Getsu Fune/Second Contact II for that ) so my plan was to build up my industry to feed the shipyard so I could build a fleet and see what it took to actually hit the crisis trigger. It didn't trigger until after I had Erlking, a dozen Asgards and over two dozen destroyers which I figure should be a lot more than the half billion in military assets by build cost. Unfortunately for me I missed the first spawning of the Boss ship, I got distracted with the foolish idea that my PHQ was ready for the Atiya's Misfortune Terraforming task ( which it really wasn't ) and it didn't reappear after a couple of hours so I gave it up as a lost cause ( I did finish the Terraform job though, never again ). That fleet might seem a little small to some, but it's more than enough to effect a lot of change across the Commonwealth and seems a pretty decent threshold to me and more than sufficient for dealing with the Crisis events.

All that being said, I'd have liked a bit more of a narrative hook as to why it's being triggered. I get that Crisis Boso is a placeholder at the moment but it feels all disconnected from the universe at large, I feel it has to be something more like an action that the player/Boso has taken to set things in motion ( and sure, maybe it needs to be clearly telegraphed so the folks who want to avoid triggering the crisis can do so ), and some reactivity from the universe itself, I'm thinking Galnet articles from devastated systems, Commonwealth and Terran Intervention reaction fleets, I'm not necessarily talking Operation Final Fury all over again but in my limited experiences the crisis tends to have a widely more negative impact on the rest of the universe rather than the player.
I do actually like that the Xenon approach from the edge of a sector ( at least in all my observations - I literally make use of the observation platforms to watch the spectacle unfold ), and this may be a little sadistic on my part, but I do wish it was multiple I and K fleets in the more heavily built up systems for maximum chaos. Ravagers are super scary in situations where they can line up their Barrage and just melt things at range ( Xenon I's and Asgards included ), ideally they shouldn't be spawning right on top of stations but about 20km out with time enough to line up their shots. Their L Kyon emitters seem a little to good at neutralizing small craft to destroyers though. I would like if the initial attack waves were a little more hectic but with less waiting for the crisis stage to end as I do find it get's a bit tedious waiting out the timer and the last Kha'ak spawns to peter out, but I also understand there are performance concerns in drowning a system in Kha'ak. I'm all for a President's End re-enactment but not too dragged out.

Perhaps I'm a little too bloodthirsty and impatient with a taste for chaos, but I do like the idea that there's the potential for a bit of risk and danger in the late game but I do appreciate that for some folks that's when the game gets good and they want to manage their burgeoning space empires without all that excitement.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 03:39

geldonyetich wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 24, 18:57
SpaceCadet11864 wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 24, 17:55
To be honest, this is the type of crisis I was expecting until I read about what it actually is.
It does sound like a really cool example of a scenario they could have conducted. Maybe it would make a great DLC or something.

But I think the trouble with it is that you do it, and you're done.

You break the back of the Xenon and save the gate network once again, and then what?

You still have a great big space empire that does nothing, and the existential crisis moves right back in.

This isn't a solution to the existential crisis. It's a blowout retirement party, at best.

Nothing wrong with a blowout retirement party. No one save game will be interesting forever - for most people there will be a point where they've 'solved' the game and it feels like there is not much else to do.

I think people would generally consider the feature a success if it allows you to leverage a late game empire in some sort of climactic fashion. The 'problem' it is meant to address is that there's a lot of emphasis on empire building in the game; building a supply chain/economy, fleets, etc. yet there is not much point in doing so. Terraforming was originally meant to be just this for the economy/trade aspect, but there's no late game relevant fight in the game whatsoever. If anything, there's less fight because the Xenon effectively die off well before that point.

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 09:51

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Info
Crisis triggers upon reaching around half a billion in assets, most of which should be military. This is based on construction cost, so not the monetary value you see in the Empire Menu. Boso Ta will then contact and guide players through the Crisis.
According to Wiki, there are 2 international counting methods (long and short scale) for a billion.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 13:53

I was shocked to see that my net worth has hit 1.2 billion in my game. However, under 200 million of that is military. Also, much of that military was built by me so had zero built cost. Sure, the stations cost some money to set up, but after I had a basic scrapping operation going, building those cost nothing either. I wonder how the game calculates this?

To be clear, I have some Destroyers, Frigates, Corvettes and Fighters I gained through boarding and bailing - how is their value calculated? Since getting my own Wharf though, I have dozens of Frigates and Corvettes, and likely a hundred plus Fighters that were all zero credit cost. I gathered the raw wrecks, turned them into Claytronics and Hull Parts. These were sold (free) to my Wharf, which provides its own Energy Cells (free) to produce the ships.

So, the calculation, is based on the average cost of the materials used to construct those military assets, or the actual credit cost to the player to obtain those materials? Once I build a Large Ship Fabrication Bay, I'll start building some Destroyers, that should bump my Military net worth significantly. They'll all still be free to build though. I've not spent any credits in ages at this point.

Question: are there are particular milestone prerequisites for the Crisis to trigger? I.e. if I'd not discovered the HQ and Boso yet, I expect that would be one, but what about other missions or research?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 14:51

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 24, 13:53
I was shocked to see that my net worth has hit 1.2 billion in my game. However, under 200 million of that is military. Also, much of that military was built by me so had zero built cost. Sure, the stations cost some money to set up, but after I had a basic scrapping operation going, building those cost nothing either. I wonder how the game calculates this?

To be clear, I have some Destroyers, Frigates, Corvettes and Fighters I gained through boarding and bailing - how is their value calculated? Since getting my own Wharf though, I have dozens of Frigates and Corvettes, and likely a hundred plus Fighters that were all zero credit cost. I gathered the raw wrecks, turned them into Claytronics and Hull Parts. These were sold (free) to my Wharf, which provides its own Energy Cells (free) to produce the ships.

So, the calculation, is based on the average cost of the materials used to construct those military assets, or the actual credit cost to the player to obtain those materials? Once I build a Large Ship Fabrication Bay, I'll start building some Destroyers, that should bump my Military net worth significantly. They'll all still be free to build though. I've not spent any credits in ages at this point.

Question: are there are particular milestone prerequisites for the Crisis to trigger? I.e. if I'd not discovered the HQ and Boso yet, I expect that would be one, but what about other missions or research?
It cannot be their actual credit cost to the player. Even setting aside how weird that would be to track, I would never have been able to trigger it in that case.
***modified***

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 16:41

LameFox wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 24, 14:51
It cannot be their actual credit cost to the player. Even setting aside how weird that would be to track, I would never have been able to trigger it in that case.
Yes, that's why I was interested in exactly how this cost is calculated. They imply that it's not using the same calculation as the player asset value, but I'm not sure exactly how that is calculated either. It must be some average ware value. I.e. the average material cost of a ship, not the purchase price, or something like that.

Jerot
x4

Post by Jerot » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 17:32

Alright, it's time for me to chime in as well.

While I quite like the idea of an endgame challenge the current implementation feels "off" by being too player focused. It also seems to be lacking a bit of an in-universe explanation (but that might be placeholders).
  • Crisis start
    [Feedback] For me the prerequisites for the crisis to start are still a bit unclear. For example do boarded ships count to the assets or only those the player paid for/ordered to be built? What if the player gets surprised by the crisis and doesn't want to deal with it at that time because they already have a different crisis to manage?

[Suggestion] I think it would be better to make the crisis triggerable. Maybe there could be some object (ancient jump beacon?) somewhere random and Boso (or Dal) warns the player that activating it may have unforeseen consequences, giving them the option to postpone.
  • Crisis mechanic
    [Feedback] While I'm happy that the Khaak (and Xenon) are getting some attention, I don't like how the Khaak and Xenon fleets focus noticeably on the player faction, it feels gamey and unnatural. It shouldn't just be a crisis for the player but the entirety of the Community of Planets.

[Suggestion Khaak] Khaak fleets could spawn at their hives and then move to player or faction (Nividium) mining operations, wreaking havoc on the way. OR maybe spawn Khaak fleets when one of their hives/outposts is attacked and a certain amount of station modules is destroyed. The Khaak then bring in a fleet in retaliation.

[Suggestion Xenon] Why not use the CPU ship as a mobile shipyard/jump beacon? The CPU ship could appear in random sectors after hidden timers ran out. There, Xenon fleets could now appear in set time intervals, using the CPU ship as a jump beacon, spreading out from and wreaking havoc across the galaxy if they are not stopped by the player or the factions. A bit like in Litcube's Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions presented here: viewtopic.php?t=167242. The Xenon will continue to appear until the CPU ship has been dealt a certain amount of damage, upon which it jumps away for a time before reappearing again somewhere random, restarting the process.
  • Crisis ending
    [Suggestion] Have Boso Ta research a one time "jump inhibitor" that emits a signal/hacks the CPU ship, preventing it to jump
    away when damaged, making it possible to destroy it. Crisis over.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 22:40

Adding in my two cents on the Existential Crisis.

First off, a bit of context on what my current situation was when the Crisis started:

- Boron gamestart
- 3,6B credits in bank account
- 2 Shipyards and 2 Wharves, self sufficient. Each of them with about 190 Production modules. I think each Shipyard should produce one Boron Ray every 40 game minutes
- 2 Terraforming projects completed - Ocean of Fantasy and Scale Plate Green
- Headquarters equipped for terraforming - 952 production modules
- about 20 "super" defence platforms - I'm always aiming to create buffer zones in areas of conflict with the Xenon, so I built some overpowered defence platforms that would withstand whatever the Xenon would throw at them. This is to relatively keep Universe structure intact, without the Xenon or some other faction getting wiped out
- total station value is 10B credits, 1,9B credits in station accounts
- around 1B credits worth of ships - around 90 Destroyers (at least 70 Boron Rays), 7 Carriers fully outfitted with fighters, ~150 corvettes
- completed every plot except for the Paranid one

I assume I am at least half-way through the Crisis. The first systems that were targeted contained my largest stations and Scale Plate Green where my HQ was located.

Personally, I enjoy the fact that I have something to shoot at without any consequence on my reputation with the other factions. In a typical X4 save, as mentioned before, I try to keep the Xenon under control instead of wiping them out and also keep my reputation as clean as possible with the other factions. The Crisis fits perfectly in this scenario.

In terms of difficulty, trying to take out a Kha'ak Ravager when IS seems to be more of a challenge than a Xenon I: Kyon turrets hit instantly and target your subsystems, they have much higher range than Xenon Gravitons and the Ravager is much smaller and quite a challenge for Plasma turrets to hit. And there's the added bonus of sometimes being insta-killed by the main gun. Most of the battles were OOS though, where I would send a group of 30 Rays to take out one Ravager and I would sometimes lose 1-2 of them. However, I assume it would be more of a challenge for someone being in an earlier stage of the game with fewer resources, so I think the trigger threshold of 500M credits should be higher. Considering the resources I had, my losses were minimal and concentrated in sectors where the majority of my L miners were traveling. As far as I can tell a system would not be targeted twice, so once the sectors with most of my property were cleared it was just a matter of assisting the other factions in repelling the attacks. While the Paranid and Argon would manage on their own, the Boron would lose station after station without aid.

Also special awards for the Crisis being able to create the most entertaining battle scenes I've ever encountered in X4.

What I think would improve this feature is, if possible, scaling the size of the enemy fleets and Crisis duration based on the player resources. This would be similar to the ranking system in X3 where higher ranks would generate larger fleets

Cazineer
x4

Post by Cazineer » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 19:32

General Feedback on the crisis system as a whole
As a veteran player with over 2,000 hours in X4 (I also stream and make content for X4), I was excited to learn that the 7.0 update included a crisis marketed as being designed for experienced players like myself (finally). However, upon trying the crisis, I was shocked and deeply disappointed. The crisis feels like an absolute minimum viable effort to tick a box, and I struggle to find how it could be designed for veteran players.

The current crisis is not an existential threat; it's merely an event that causes Xenon and Ka'Hak ships to spawn on top of the player's assets. It's as low-effort as a crisis could possibly be. If a player spends hundreds of hours shaping the galaxy, an existential crisis should threaten the very existence of those efforts. Almost everything about this crisis deviates from the heart and soul of what X4 is in my opinion.

I refuse to believe that a team that subscribes to the principles displayed on the loading screens, such as "To go places and do things that have never been done before - that's what living is all about", or "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the star," and "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it" would consider this crisis to be in alignment with those ideals.

A well-designed crisis for veteran players should be challenging, engaging, and true to the essence of X4. In its current state, I would immediately mod out the crisis as it does nothing to enhance my experience as a veteran player. Any event that spawns in ships on-top of a players military assets without threatening the simulation as a whole and conforming to the X4 universe as whole (production based ships) is just a non starter.

I have outline what I would like to see as a veteran player here as my original post was removed: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=461857

Feedback with regards to when the crisis starts (player readiness for example)
Any endgame crisis should be designed as a triggerable event that can be initiated by the player at their discretion. This allows players to choose when they feel ready to tackle the challenge, whether they want to test their skills early on or wait until they have adequately prepared their empire, fleets, and alliances. By giving players control over when the crisis begins, the game caters to a wide range of playstyles and skill levels, ensuring that all players can engage with the content on their own terms. The start condition should be detached from a monetary amount, as acquiring a significant sum in military assets can be easily attainable within a short timeframe by experienced players. 500 mill can be achieved in 10 hours.

Feedback on the strength of the Crisis or individual ships
The Ravager's current implementation is satisfactory, and as with all ships in X4, the art department has done an outstanding job. However, for players with a deep understanding of X4's mechanics, the strength of the crisis may not pose a sufficient challenge. To satisfy a broader audience, the game could offer difficulty options for the player to choose from, such as Normal, Hard, and Extreme. This would allow players to tailor the crisis to their skill level and provide a more engaging experience for veterans while still accommodating newer players.

Feedback on how relevant the location is for the player, where the crisis appeared
It is crucial to emphasize the undesirability of having ships spawn directly on top of player assets. This approach mitigates any defensive strategies a player might choose to employ and replaces challenging and skill-based gameplay with random chance. To improve the player experience, the game should implement alternative spawning mechanics that allow for more strategic and engaging encounters. By avoiding the instant appearance of enemy ships within the player's immediate vicinity, the game can encourage players to utilize their defenses effectively and reward thoughtful planning and execution. Developing a more sophisticated spawning system would undoubtedly enhance the overall quality of the crisis event.

Casishur
x4

Post by Casishur » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 13:42

Would it be possible for a ravager to randomly spawn when attacking a khaak main hive?
That would make it a bit more difficult.
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Tech Enthusiast
x4

Post by Tech Enthusiast » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 17:09

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Crisis triggers upon reaching around half a billion in assets, most of which should be military. This is based on construction cost, so not the monetary value you see in the Empire Menu. Boso Ta will then contact and guide players through the Crisis.
Is there a more on point description on what triggers the crisis?
Because I am having very close to half a billion in assets without even having a single battleship.... just starting out with basic production chains quickly gets you to half a billion. And you would be unable to defend yourself.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 21:06

Casishur wrote:
Fri, 26. Apr 24, 13:42
Would it be possible for a ravager to randomly spawn when attacking a khaak main hive?
That would make it a bit more difficult.
+1 to this. Just now, after ending the crisis, you don't see any more those Ravagers.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 01:18

Curious if anyone has used the 'delay' option after the first crisis attack & can say how long the delay is. I picked it (paid 10 mill) to see how long it lasts before the crisis pops up again.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 10:58

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 24, 01:18
Curious if anyone has used the 'delay' option after the first crisis attack & can say how long the delay is. I picked it (paid 10 mill) to see how long it lasts before the crisis pops up again.
I haven't checked yet, but do I understand you correctly that the newly introduced delay option costs money?!

Trueam
x4

Post by Trueam » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 18:28

Crisis need more L XL ships in formation to challenge a player in formation with at least 1 Obliterator and 4-8 Ravager , Xenon's need more waves not only 1 at same time.
Ween damaged Xenon CPU Ship (Unknown Ship) restore its health to 100% it should jump to new location, call for some protection fleet some I K ships and escort ships to protect itself, or get turrets XL with beam weapon like Obliterator main weapon , after that Xenon crisis restart.
It is good idea to make 1 wave with only Xenon another with only Khaak, and maybe pirates with no factions. all ship should be boardable even those with no cockpits and Research should be added to adapt those ship to humanoid life-support system
Khaak need some sort of shipyard stations in some not reachable sectors without jump drive.
jump drive need to be added to game with research that allow increase range.
To stop Khaak invasion player need to receive jump drive Project from some scan of CPU and Khaak ship , specials research to jump to system where khaaks produce ships, and destroy Shipyards, after that crisis should stop for some 1-7 days, after this Khaak crisis should restarted with increases of enemy forces numbers or sectors under attack.
Pirates crises should look like a Boarding mass raid in one sectors, to steal all goods from all stations, and board all ships.
Another crisis can be added - Supernova explosion that change and destroy connection to sectors randomly, so this is time for player to restore or change connection with so called Xenon HUB.
If the player or NPC destroyed the Xenon faction, another crisis will happen, the Xenons jump into their own sectors called the matrix and also some resource-rich sectors, destroy all the stations and start rebuilding the shipyards and other stations while the fleet defends the gates to the sectors there should be a large the number of ships I K 1I 15K at the gate, meanwhile, mining ships S , L (xenon H ) extract resources near each gate, build at least 2 defense stations, after the completion of construction, this whole armada begins to capture neighboring sectors.
:xbtf: :xt: :x2: :x3: :x4: :arrow:

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 18:42

Obliterator? What ship is this? I'm don't see any of those in the crisis, only Ravagers, K's and I's.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 19:54

Pesanur wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 24, 18:42
Obliterator? What ship is this? I'm don't see any of those in the crisis, only Ravagers, K's and I's.
It's even bigger than Ravager Khaak ship in the game files - I thought in might be used for Crysis, but maybe it's for Timelines DLC as updated X2 Khaak mothership?
The general shape is similar.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”