Since joining beta AI are slow traveling everywhere

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

dvyjns

Since joining beta AI are slow traveling everywhere

Post by dvyjns » Tue, 22. Aug 23, 04:21

I decided to check out beta but as soon as I joined my AI pilots now wont use travel mode a lot of the time and it takes them forever to get anywhere. Once they jump in a new system, sometimes they will FINALLY engage travel mode to the next destination or they will continue to travel slow to the next destination.

Even when I build a new ship in my station, undock it and give it a new order. It will start slow boating to the gate and beyond. Its driving me crazy and is game breaking. I'm trying to clear out a Xenon system but my pilots are taking FOREVER to fly between stations.

Any idea what happened? As mentioned, it didn't start doing that until I joined the latest beta.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Since joining beta AI are slow traveling everywhere

Post by CBJ » Tue, 22. Aug 23, 09:02

I'm pretty sure we've not changed anything that would lead to the behaviour you're describing. We're not going to be able to say much more than that without the basic information requested in the forum rules, in particular whether or not your game is modified and access to your savegame.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 22. Aug 23, 16:23

Is this related to the issue demonstrated here? Seems to be related to attack orders in remote sectors, causing ship with the attack order to slow boat their way there, rather than use travel drive as appropriate.

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Tue, 22. Aug 23, 16:27

dvyjns wrote:
Tue, 22. Aug 23, 04:21
Once they jump in a new system, sometimes they will FINALLY engage travel mode to the next destination or they will continue to travel slow to the next destination.
1) The bug with "attack" command listed above -> directly and as a subordinate with "mimic" behavior.

2) All ship classes use angling towards a gate OOS now. That means they may break their travel speed heading next sector once or two times per sector to turn around and get better positioning. I'm pretty sure its intended behavior added in 6.00+, but who knows... Its X4 after all.
In version 5.xx L/XL ships engaged their travel drive only once per system right after passing a gate. Always. S/M basically never disengaged.

dvyjns

Post by dvyjns » Wed, 23. Aug 23, 02:34

Thanks guys, I think you nailed it. I do indeed heavily use the "attack" command both directly and as a subordinate with "mimic" behaviour. I'm going to have to rethink my tactics.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”