[6.20b6] filter selection and trade filter presets reset when loading a save - Explained

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

rudi_pioneer
x4

[6.20b6] filter selection and trade filter presets reset when loading a save - Explained

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 6. Aug 23, 18:59

1. In 6.20 beta 5, vanilla game, I've had all map filters off (trade, mining, other), and had 3 wares in trade filter
2. I've installed few mods, and then 6.20 beta 6 update came out
3. Now every time I save the game and reload that game, filters will always go back to what it was in beta 5 (all off, with 3 wares picked), regardless of what state was like

I thought that this is worth mentioning since while it might be mod or my PC related, it's also possible bug introduced, and it's easy to confirm on your end:

1. Change map and trade filter values
2. Save game
3. Load the game, and see if what was set in step 1 is still active, or did it revert to another value

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.20b6] filter selection and trade filter presets reset when loading a save

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 12:24

Trade filter settings are not tied to a specific save, they carry over.

MFG

Ketraar

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: [6.20b6] filter selection and trade filter presets reset when loading a save

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 16:31

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 7. Aug 23, 12:24
Trade filter settings are not tied to a specific save, they carry over.
Is this stored in separate file? Do you know where? Maybe there’s issue where file became read only? (I can try checking that out and/or deleting it)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.20b6] filter selection and trade filter presets reset when loading a save - Explained

Post by CBJ » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 16:34

It's in the parent folder of the one where your savegames are stored, and yes, some people have had problems with Windows deciding to make that folder read-only for some reason.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: [6.20b6] filter selection and trade filter presets reset when loading a save - Explained

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 7. Aug 23, 19:59

Tried removing read only for all children files & folder of documents egosoft x4 folder, no luck.

Do you know which file holds this info? i'll try erasing it.

Here's screenshot of my folder: https://imgur.com/a/KTJXr0h

userdata_signed file stopped being updated, but maybe that's ok if it's related to me playing modded games. Could that be the issue? (that game is reading older _signed file instead of newer one)

Forum post title says "explained", but we haven't found solution for this yet.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 19:21

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Mon, 7. Aug 23, 19:59
Tried removing read only for all children files & folder of documents egosoft x4 folder, no luck.

Do you know which file holds this info? i'll try erasing it.

Here's screenshot of my folder: https://imgur.com/a/KTJXr0h

userdata_signed file stopped being updated, but maybe that's ok if it's related to me playing modded games. Could that be the issue? (that game is reading older _signed file instead of newer one)

Forum post title says "explained", but we haven't found solution for this yet.
As I presume you are using Windows. a good measure would be to click on Documents and make two modifications:

1. Stop Indexing
2. Make read/write or remove all read only.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 20:39

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 11. Aug 23, 19:21
As I presume you are using Windows. a good measure would be to click on Documents and make two modifications:

1. Stop Indexing
2. Make read/write or remove all read only.
Thank you! Confirmed that's done, did it while back when my custom game progress was stuck.

I still need help from unstucking my trade and map filters. Which file is responsible for that?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 12. Aug 23, 22:58

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Fri, 11. Aug 23, 20:39

I still need help from unstucking my trade and map filters. Which file is responsible for that?
Sorry, no idea....

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”