Prospecting missions assigned to wrong sectors

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Efendi_

Prospecting missions assigned to wrong sectors

Post by Efendi_ » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 23:21

Dear developers,

I keep aborting missions such as 'Find 0.14 km3 in Holly Vision'. The problem is, the amount of the resources required by the mission does not exist in the destination sector:
20230408235755_1.jpg
There is only one patch of ice in Holly Vision which has 0.027 km3. Similar mssions either in the same destination or other sectors have popped up in the past, which i had to abort due to the same reason. And yes i have expanded the map and checked visually if there are other patches of asteroids away from the center.

I believe that this is some sort of a bug related with the randomization of the seed. Will be very appreciated if you can take a look. Savegame can be downloaded from the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wl72Hv ... share_link

The game is not modded.

Efendi_

Re: Prospecting missions assigned to wrong sectors

Post by Efendi_ » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 23:50

Here is another one, asking 0.40 km3 hydrogen in Holly Vision:
20230409004451_1.jpg
The only hydrogen patch has 0.090 km3. Regrettably i have to abort this mission too.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 23:58

It is not purely the asteroids or gas clouds that you can see when IS or viewing remotely, nor even the coloured hexes on the map, that determine the varying resource density values across sectors. The resource densities are also set by a map algorithm for the sector based on what types of resources are 'native' to that sector. The values are applied uniformly within each cubic volume (~ 32km * 32km * 32km ?) and resource densities will change in all 3 dimensions as you change cube array (ie don't forget the vertical axis). Of course mining (by NPC or player) will reduce actual resource densities temporarily.

A resource probe may interact with many different stacked cubes (maybe up to 5*5*5 ?). Moving a resource probe just a bit across cube boundaries may show quite different values, but I don't know how the probe averages values across its sphere of influence. I know that the devs were talking about making these resource search missions easier to finish and now sometimes the missions will complete when even much lower densities are shown. Perhaps just one appropriate cube's density in the probe's sphere is enough, not sure though.

I have always found just moving to where NPCs are mining the resource you want and then checking there to be fairly successful. Just don't try with the miners that spawn far from sector centre for 'encounter' purposes as they are not really mining.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Efendi_

Post by Efendi_ » Sun, 9. Apr 23, 00:45

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 8. Apr 23, 23:58
It is not purely the asteroids or gas clouds that you can see when IS or viewing remotely, nor even the coloured hexes on the map, that determine the varying resource density values across sectors. The resource densities are also set by a map algorithm for the sector based on what types of resources are 'native' to that sector. The values are applied uniformly within each cubic volume (~ 32km * 32km * 32km ?) and resource densities will change in all 3 dimensions as you change cube array (ie don't forget the vertical axis). Of course mining (by NPC or player) will reduce actual resource densities temporarily.

A resource probe may interact with many different stacked cubes (maybe up to 5*5*5 ?). Moving a resource probe just a bit across cube boundaries may show quite different values, but I don't know how the probe averages values across its sphere of influence. I know that the devs were talking about making these resource search missions easier to finish and now sometimes the missions will complete when even much lower densities are shown. Perhaps just one appropriate cube's density in the probe's sphere is enough, not sure though.

I have always found just moving to where NPCs are mining the resource you want and then checking there to be fairly successful. Just don't try with the miners that spawn far from sector centre for 'encounter' purposes as they are not really mining.
Alan,

I have started playing the universe i have at the moment after the RC 1 is released. Completed the similar missions many times before for both Argon and Holly Order. Never had any complications before RC 3 release. Did they change Something?

Best Regards.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”