V6.00 BETA Custom Editor Budgeted Bug #3

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

dtpsprt
x4

V6.00 BETA Custom Editor Budgeted Bug #3

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 20:57

The third of three bugs in the Custom Editor Budgeted

This happened when I got to the S ship docked in the Cobra, trying to go and open the Erlking Data Vault that is nearby...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18J-8N2 ... sp=sharing

P.S. Sorry for the spamming but rules are rules right?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: V6.00 BETA Custom Editor Budgeted Bug #3

Post by CBJ » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 21:25

Making multiple threads is fine. Calling them "Bug #1" instead of actually describing the problem in the title just wastes developer time trying to find out whether the problem relates to them or not.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 21:31

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 21:25
Making multiple threads is fine. Calling them "Bug #1" instead of actually describing the problem in the title just wastes developer time trying to find out whether the problem relates to them or not.
I understand that but there are many bugs related to that "Argon Male I" avatar in the custom editor. I supposed that putting the place where the bus occur than naming them would help grouping them and pointing the person responsible for the creator to them.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 21:47

So, what I think you are saying is that the problem is not so much with the Custom Budgeted Start Editor (as shown when successfully using other NPC avatars), but more specifically to do with the NPC Argon Male 1 Avatar selection there. If that is the case then a single thread titled '[6.00 b7] Argon Male 1 Avatar breaks game functions after using the Custom Budgeted Start Editor' and listing all the identified resultant issues, each with screenshots and save links as/if required to demonstrate them and for the devs to replicate them.

That way the right dev could see the trigger issue, probably investigate what aspect of the avatar is different to the others, and so probably explain and then fix them all at once and test in the various save situations without report-hopping.

I'm sure CBJ will correct me if I am wrong. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 12:02

I read the post several times and stil dont understand what the actual issue is.
This happened when I got to the S ship docked in the Cobra, trying to go and open the Erlking Data Vault that is nearby...
I'm I supposed to know what "This" is?

MFG

Ketraar

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 19:07

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 12:02
I read the post several times and stil dont understand what the actual issue is.
I'm I supposed to know what "This" is?

MFG

Ketraar
The ship moves of it's own will. No command to stop (backspace) or turn off autopilot (shift A) or throttle down (z) works and I can not steer it anywhere...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”