Duplicating lockboxes

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

derv

Duplicating lockboxes

Post by derv » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 23:37

I'm a new player so am not sure if this bug already exists in other versions of the game.

I'm using version 6.00 beta (496124) in Steam using Linux.

To replicate this issue: After opening a lootbox and collecting the contents I enable Live Stream View one of my ships in the same sector. Upon exiting live stream view another lockbox spawns next to the original. This can also be looted and the items are added to my inventory. I repeated this until I had 5 lockboxes spawned next to each other.
Attachments
20230326215729_1.jpg
20230326215741_1.jpg

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Duplicating lockboxes

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 00:09

There is/was a slightly different exploit in release versions 4/5.xx that the devs left as it was because it was how the lockboxes normally repopulated:

" If you successfully unlock a lockbox in space, collect the drops, then teleport to another sector, then teleport back to the ship, the lockbox will be reset to locked again and can be unlocked and collected again. You can do this infinite amount of times by teleporting back and forth."

This isn't quite the same as your situation, but earlier game versions did not have the Jolt Physics system as in 6.00 and so maybe it is a similar issue but now with different triggers and symptoms.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”