X4 6.0 Beta 7 Autopilot into the side of a Jump Gate - Please retest in RC2.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

X4 6.0 Beta 7 Autopilot into the side of a Jump Gate - Please retest in RC2.

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 21:53

The version of X4: Foundations that you are running, including Beta patch version and hotfix number where applicable (e.g. "1.30 Release" or "1.31 Beta 1").
X4 6.0 Beta 7

A description of the problem and its symptoms, including any error messages received.
Autopilot flys straight into side of jumpgate and just tries to go through it instead of correcting. Just got off the highway in Holy Vision, coming from Jumpgate to Faulty Logic I. Autopilot used entire time.

Any additional information that could help trace the problem, including screenshots, crash dump files and savegames (see below).
See pics attached, and save file.
Attachments
JGAP1.png
JGAP2.png
save_005.xml.gz
(31.29 MiB) Downloaded 12 times

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X4 6.0 Beta 7 Autopilot into the side of a Jump Gate

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 22:41

I'm guessing that you didn't mention mods because that game obviously is modded. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 22:44

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 22:41
I'm guessing that you didn't mention mods because that game obviously is modded. :wink:
It shouldnt be? I have mods in extensions but turned off in extensions. It is possible I uploaded wrong save file.

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 22:53

Save is not marked as modified on my end, verified all mods are off in "Extensions". I uploaded the most recent save, which should have been the nonmodified 6.0 beta save and in same slot as save. - PS would be helpful if save in saves folder was the custom name given.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 22:56

OK, sorry my mistake. :oops: I thought that 2nd screenshot was showing the ship about to go into a modded gate model (there was a mod replacing gates with spheres) - but now I'm struggling as to what that screenshot is actually meant to show. The first screenshot does indeed show the ship heading into the side of the gate through the map.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 23:01

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 22:56
OK, sorry my mistake. :oops: I thought that 2nd screenshot was showing the ship about to go into a modded gate model (there was a mod replacing gates with spheres) - but now I'm struggling as to what that screenshot is actually meant to show. The first screenshot does indeed show the ship heading into the side of the gate through the map.
Its just showing the ship flying into the jumpgate. Without posting a video its hard to show exactly what its doing, but its flying straight into the side without canceling autopilot or changing course.

Radamanthe Nemes
x4

Post by Radamanthe Nemes » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 01:26

This almost always happens with autopilot when the ship arrives in the sector of the destination position. If that position is behind the gate that the ship just crossed, it turns 180° and goes right into the gate (as if it did not exist), so it jumps back to the previous sector. Then it realises it's not in the right sector, turns 180° to jump again, and repeats that indefinitely. Of course, it only happens IS with autopilot. Player must take control to cope with that behavior.

Gates should be considered colliding objects, not only the solid ring, but the glowing blue transparent area too (except of course when the intention is to jump through).

Radamanthe Nemes
x4

Post by Radamanthe Nemes » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 01:33

Ho, now I'm not sure it's the exact same issue than the OP. Sorry if that's the case, I may post another report about that if you wish.

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 02:24

Radamanthe Nemes wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 01:26
This almost always happens with autopilot when the ship arrives in the sector of the destination position. If that position is behind the gate that the ship just crossed, it turns 180° and goes right into the gate (as if it did not exist), so it jumps back to the previous sector. Then it realises it's not in the right sector, turns 180° to jump again, and repeats that indefinitely. Of course, it only happens IS with autopilot. Player must take control to cope with that behavior.

Gates should be considered colliding objects, not only the solid ring, but the glowing blue transparent area too (except of course when the intention is to jump through).
I was going from faulty logic to somewhere like argon prime o black hole sun., Holy vision was just on the way

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 14:01

This is another hard to reproduce in a save issues.

It happens for me when you are on a long haul passing through several sectors, and one of the sectors your ship autopilot turns hard left or right towards the next gate.
And, the next gate is sideways on profile ie your ship has to go either left or right slightly to get in front of it, before attempting to fly into it ..
.. What happens next is usually your ship will fly sideways or backwards into the gate and jump. But, on rare occasions your ship lines up with pointing at the inside edge of the gates ring, and slowly approaches that inside edge until your ships bow bumps into the ring inside edge (OPs second screenshot where the ships headlight is reflecting off the inside edge of the gate structure).

This also occasionally happens when exiting a Teladi Trading station (never when entering). The trading station that looks like something out of 2001 a Space Oddysey.
When entering you go in through the middle of the big ring in fron of the station entrance.
When exiting you always (immediately after coming out of the station entrance portal) turn right through the structure and sometimes you will fly into the big rings inside edge.

These occurences do not happen all the time, and when you think you have a save just before it happens, load up the save and it doesn't = Reproducer not possible.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by DocAce » Mon, 3. Apr 23, 20:11

I can no longer reproduce this issue locally so there's a good chance the upcoming update will fix this. Please let us know if it doesn't!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”