Superhighway causes the game to freeze - Modded game.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Adtrix1001

Superhighway causes the game to freeze - Modded game.

Post by Adtrix1001 » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 16:15

So after downloading the new public beta (Beta 6.0.0) I am bringing my fleet to bring havoc on some Xenon scum, but as soon as I enter the highway with my Asgard, it enters for 15 seconds and then the game freezes. I can see the little red lights that the ship kind of follows but it just suddenly freezes

link to video that shows the bug, using streamable [https://streamable.com/eu6az6]
I've also included a overview of my installed mods, which had no issues when playing on the live version! Maybe that's where it is?

Adtrix1001

Re: Superhighway causes the game to freeze

Post by Adtrix1001 » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 16:25

Adtrix1001 wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 16:15
So after downloading the new public beta (Beta 6.0.0) I am bringing my fleet to bring havoc on some Xenon scum, but as soon as I enter the highway with my Asgard, it enters for 15 seconds and then the game freezes. I can see the little red lights that the ship kind of follows but it just suddenly freezes

link to video that shows the bug, using streamable [https://streamable.com/eu6az6]
I've also included a overview of my installed mods, which had no issues when playing on the live version! Maybe that's where it is?
Attachments
X4  Foundations Screenshot 2023.03.26 - 15.59.29.64.png

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Superhighway causes the game to freeze - Modded game.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 16:36

The mods mean that the devs will probably not investigate your save. It is highly likely that either your game installation is corrupted (try a verify), or that a mod or two has not been updated for the new betas.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Adtrix1001

Post by Adtrix1001 » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 17:12

Ah, well then I'll try to verify and turn the mods off to see if it still occurs!

Adtrix1001

Post by Adtrix1001 » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 17:42

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 16:36
The mods mean that the devs will probably not investigate your save. It is highly likely that either your game installation is corrupted (try a verify), or that a mod or two has not been updated for the new betas.
Just turned off all the mods and even went back to the live version, but the freeze still persist! I'm guessing it might be a corrupt save file at this point?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 17:53

You can't just turn off mods and carry on from a modded save. The effects of the mods (and any issues with updates) are embedded in the save(s) regardless. Only starting afresh with a clean vanilla game can be reliable as a trial basis.

That is why we ask beta testers to do so using a clean vanilla game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”