6.00 beta 7 vanilla - there are no main bases of the PDC (the pirates of the scale) - Devs aware.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

alessandrofavero
x4

6.00 beta 7 vanilla - there are no main bases of the PDC (the pirates of the scale) - Devs aware.

Post by alessandrofavero » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 16:15

I don’t know if it’s a bug or a peculiarity of my game (born with the 6.0 beta 1)

They are more than 2 days of play and I have not yet found a greater base of pirates (those identified by the 2 cross sabers)...

in over 2,500 hours of play had never happened to me... I tried to search in the areas where they usually can be found (Heretic’s End, Silent Witness XI or XII...) but there are not.. even at "Hewa’s Twin iv - The Bay" where there is usually a pirate workshop... the xenons in this game are quite quiet and these I do not think it was them... also because no race had to endure big assaults....

Save
Ci sono 10 tipi di persone, chi capisce il codice binario e chi non lo capisce!!!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, 24576MB RAM, MB ASUS TUF, NVIDIA Originale GeForce RTX 3070TI, Dedicated Memory: 8Gb

alessandrofavero
x4

Re: 6.00 beta 7 valilla - there are no main bases of the PDC (the pirates of the scale - I do not remember in English wh

Post by alessandrofavero » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 16:18

I forgot to specify that instead the bases with the double sabers of HAT and BUC instead there are...
Ci sono 10 tipi di persone, chi capisce il codice binario e chi non lo capisce!!!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, 24576MB RAM, MB ASUS TUF, NVIDIA Originale GeForce RTX 3070TI, Dedicated Memory: 8Gb

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 6.00 beta 7 valilla - there are no main bases of the PDC (the pirates of the scale - I do not remember in English wh

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 17:58

SCA don't have Pirate Bases like HAT, nor Lost Property Offices like BUC, but they do have a couple of SCA Wharves hidden away.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alessandrofavero
x4

Post by alessandrofavero » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:56

Update... I found the workshop at Hewa’s Twin ... it was very far from the center of the sector, with the explorer command had not reached it and too far to be detected with the sdcansione... I found it "on sight"...
Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 24. Mar 23, 17:58
SCA don't have Pirate Bases like HAT, nor Lost Property Offices like BUC, but they do have a couple of SCA Wharves hidden away.
How many SCA did not have bases with the Cross Sabers??? they had them... they also have hidden workshops (I only knew of that of Hewa’s Twins, not a second... I discover it only now thanks to you)...

or maybe you mean they removed it with Beta 6.0???

Katorone
x4

Post by Katorone » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 01:30

alessandrofavero wrote:
Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:56
or maybe you mean they removed it with Beta 6.0???
Nope, they're still there in the beta.

Efendi_

Post by Efendi_ » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 01:51

SCA has bases, i have discovered one next door in my universe so far:
20230325034900_1.jpg

alessandrofavero
x4

Re: 6.00 beta 7 vanilla - there are no main bases of the PDC (the pirates of the scale).

Post by alessandrofavero » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 10:43

Grand Exchange III is another area where often there are bases of SCA... but in my game nothing.... for that I thought of a BUG...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 6.00 beta 7 vanilla - there are no main bases of the PDC (the pirates of the scale).

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 11:01

The station sites are probably determined by the randomised seed at game start. If you are finding a couple of SCA main stations somewhere then I don't think there is any bug.

alessandrofavero
x4

Post by alessandrofavero » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:07

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 11:01
The station sites are probably determined by the randomised seed at game start. If you are finding a couple of SCA main stations somewhere then I don't think there is any bug.
In fact, as I wrote above, I’m not sure it’s a bug... the thing that puzzles me is that with 2500 hours of play behind is at least a 30 of games made, I had never happened to NOT find SCA bases.

if the dev can take a look with their tools to see if these bases exist, maybe far from the center of the sectors, better... if it is a bug maybe the reporting will be useful.

Katorone
x4

Post by Katorone » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 21:36

alessandrofavero wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:07
if the dev can take a look with their tools to see if these bases exist
You can do this yourself, if you want. Unpack a savegame and open the .xml in an editor. Search for "station_gen_piratebase" If you find a line that also has a code (eg code="HRU-793") then that base exists in your universe, the line will also say which faction owns the station.

alessandrofavero
x4

Post by alessandrofavero » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 00:02

Katorone wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 21:36
alessandrofavero wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 19:07
if the dev can take a look with their tools to see if these bases exist
You can do this yourself, if you want. Unpack a savegame and open the .xml in an editor. Search for "station_gen_piratebase" If you find a line that also has a code (eg code="HRU-793") then that base exists in your universe, the line will also say which faction owns the station.
Thanks for the suggestion...

I found several but they are all with "owner" HAT or BUC, except for one SCA (but from the code I understood to be the workshop at Hewa’s Twins IV). I also found them all in the game except 3 BUC I still have to find out...

actually there are no SCA bases in my universe... so I think it’s a BUG...

Katorone
x4

Post by Katorone » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 00:36

Occasionally commonwealth factions do attack and destroy SCA stations. Could be this happened in your universe? Some stations should pop up in Silent Witness XII and Nopileos' Fortune II.
As a sidenote, if you want to let SCA thrive, it's best to not claim those sectors for yourself. Otherwise the commonwealth factions you're allied with will send fleets to protect those sectors, and destroy any SCA station they find.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:43

The more important stations such as Wharves and Pirate Bases etc would respawn elsewhere if destroyed though.

alessandrofavero
x4

Post by alessandrofavero » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:55

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:43
The more important stations such as Wharves and Pirate Bases etc would respawn elsewhere if destroyed though.
Right, I can also do a further test... I spend at least 5 hours playing and I try to review in the fil. XML if they reappear somewhere...

Thnx

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:57

OK... by default there is one SCA Pirate Base in Grand Exchange III and one in Silent Witness XII, besides the main Base in Hewas Twin.

The one in Grand Exchange is frequently destroyed by MIN/TEL forces, the one in Silent Witness by Khaak but more rarely. The main Base in Hewas Twin is not "threatened" immediately, unless the Xenon overtake the Hewas sectors (never seen this happen since V4.00 and CoH)...

So far, 9,000 hours in the game and over 100 gamestarts, I have not seen any of them respawn. I don't say they don't but SCA, in general, has big trouble to get Stations going as only TEL will supply them with wares and builders, plus the tiny amounts they can steal.

alessandrofavero
x4

Post by alessandrofavero » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 00:23

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 09:57
OK... by default there is one SCA Pirate Base in Grand Exchange III and one in Silent Witness XII, besides the main Base in Hewas Twin.

The one in Grand Exchange is frequently destroyed by MIN/TEL forces, the one in Silent Witness by Khaak but more rarely. The main Base in Hewas Twin is not "threatened" immediately, unless the Xenon overtake the Hewas sectors (never seen this happen since V4.00 and CoH)...

So far, 9,000 hours in the game and over 100 gamestarts, I have not seen any of them respawn. I don't say they don't but SCA, in general, has big trouble to get Stations going as only TEL will supply them with wares and builders, plus the tiny amounts they can steal.
So you’re thinking there might have been but they were destroyed in the game?

I can’t rule it out, especially for Grand Exchange III...
Is there any way to verify that?

I’ve never been...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 18:46

alessandrofavero wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 00:23

So you’re thinking there might have been but they were destroyed in the game?

I can’t rule it out, especially for Grand Exchange III...
Is there any way to verify that?

I’ve never been...
This is my "educated" guess. I know of these SCA bases and use them for my purposes regularly.

Way to verify if you have not seen them in your map? I suppose somewhere in that enormous save file that actually describes the whole X Universe there is this information if one is patient enough to "dig it out".

In general the Universe we play on is generated by a seed but after generation it follows a "logical course" of cause and effect. Every single item of the Universe is monitored and recorded in the save file. This is also one of the reasons devs ask for these save files when submitting a bug.

alessandrofavero
x4

Post by alessandrofavero » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 20:26

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 18:46
I guess then that I give up... I’m not so much into programming to be able to drill on a file. xml 730 Mb...

I had also thought about the possibility that they were ALL destroyed (even in Hereticìs End there is often a pirate base, if I’m not mistaken) but it seemed / seems unlikely...

thank you all, anyway

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 21:04

alessandrofavero wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 20:26
dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 18:46
I guess then that I give up... I’m not so much into programming to be able to drill on a file. xml 730 Mb...

I had also thought about the possibility that they were ALL destroyed (even in Hereticìs End there is often a pirate base, if I’m not mistaken) but it seemed / seems unlikely...

thank you all, anyway
The one in Heretic's End belongs to Hatikvah, so it's named "Freedom Port", nobody will destroy it unless a Xenon K or I comes close. If there is an SCA Pirate Base there it was spawned because one of the others is destroyed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 15:59

Upon a dev investigation, it appears that SCA main bases are perhaps not set to respawn if destroyed, even though that was the initial intention. This was probably not even a new issue in the betas. There will now be some further checking and then any necessary adjustments may be made in a future version.

@ alessandrofavero: Well spotted! :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”