[#973][6.0 beta 7] Laser Tower Mk2 pickup with S/M

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Radamanthe Nemes
x4

[#973][6.0 beta 7] Laser Tower Mk2 pickup with S/M

Post by Radamanthe Nemes » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 04:40

I learned that S and M ships (except frigates) cannot deploy a Laser Tower Mk2. In fact, they cannot even buy one as it's not even available in the upgrade UI. That's ok, if only it was documented, but anyway.

However, they can pick it up when already deployed. The only thing they can do then is to sell it. Trying to deploy it, the ship fly to the position and simply cancels the order without any feedback. Took me a while to understand that it was by design.

While I can assume that a LT Mk2 is such an advanced device compared to Mk1 that only frigates/L/XL ships can deploy it, I cannot assume they are too big for S/M since they can pick it up. So in that latter case, this is a bug. Otherwise, forget it.

Kajar
x4

Re: [6.0 beta 7] Laser Tower Mk2 pickup with S/M

Post by Kajar » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 08:08

It is actually a thing of size difference.

The Mk1 laser tower is tiny and fits into the spacesuit-dock.
The Mk2 laser tower is as large as an S fighter and requires an S dock to be launched. So Frigates are the only M sized ship that can deploy Mk2 laser towers.

Other ships able to pick them up might be a bug then.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”