question: khaak trouble increased in 6.0 ? - Explained.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Halpog
x4

question: khaak trouble increased in 6.0 ? - Explained.

Post by Halpog » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 05:53

i got a massive khaak problem in some sectors.
ending up in rebuying miners every 10 minutes.

ex: sector last border /letzte grenze

i got a mining facility there with 20 miners
i have advanced satelites there like a maniac
i destroy over and over khaak installations there
and everytime iam not near or inside this sector khaaks plopping up DIRECTLY next to my miners killing them over and over and over
my patroll in this secotr is flying arround and doing a shit . only if they are realy near a miner and a khaak plopps up
but hell they dont bother to fly to attack a khaak that is outside of scanner range of the commanding ship

so whats up with this khaak stuff ? arent they supposet to be NOT popping up again after killing a khaak station in a sector ?
can provide save if needed

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: question: khaak trouble increased in 6.0 ?

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 14:04

Use a carrier with position defence interceptors to protect your miners. Locate nearby KHK outposts and hives and destroy them to reduce the rate at which KHK jump on top of miners.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 14:17

There were no changes to Kha'ak behaviour in 6.00.

If you want to report a possible issue, then don't wait to be asked before uploading a savegame.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 14:36

ok here we go

the save :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14G7uP0 ... share_link

sector last border ( letzte grenze )
i tryed so far order. patroll .....they dont attack anything that is out of "range of there scanner ....

than i tryed carrier with base defense....not working since i cannot set the range of the fighters they have to defense ......i also tryed to dragg the green circlet down ( under the map, where the khaak spawns ) the circlet is under the map, but ships stay on same high lvl as map . the khaak can directly spawn under them, they wont attack too...

than i tryed rpeat orders for a fleet with setting repeat order. attack all enemys. dragged the circled down under the map .. the ships fly there.. but when they leave circle 1 and enter circle 2. khaak spawn in circle 1 and they dont go back to circle 1 to attack, they go to circle 3 ...also not working

than i tryed to give every miner arround 5 ships to defend.. than not just a khaak queen watcher ( königinenwächter ) spawns. but a whole fleet of 10 or more khaaks ...

and it only happens in this sectors. in other gameplays before never had such a trouble with khaaks in any other secotr

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 18:03

top right is a Khaak installation. If there are Khaak in a sector, I take a fast ship and fly once over the visible outer area, then you can already see where the Khaak station is. More about Khaak: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=443020

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 20:39

HeinzS wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 18:03
top right is a Khaak installation. If there are Khaak in a sector, I take a fast ship and fly once over the visible outer area, then you can already see where the Khaak station is. More about Khaak: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=443020
thnx for the link :) jesus. did not know anything about this mechanic after all :)

ok topic can be closed lol thnx again

Scoob
x4

Re: question: khaak trouble increased in 6.0 ? - Explained.

Post by Scoob » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 12:34

The Kha'ak Installations - which as you now know, are the route cause of the higher Kha'ak ship presence - can sometimes spawn a REALLY long way out. I've done a patrol, flying around the regular sector edge and seen nothing, yet I've known there must be something there. Only after increasing the distance from the centre of the sector to about half as much again, did I finally *visually* spot the Installation.

Installations appear to have a decent render-range - I had that setting set to maximum - but even then I've had to sometimes explore beyond the regular border before I spot them. Foggy sectors of course make this even harder.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”