6.0 Beta 5-7 Asteroids explode like bombs during collisions

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

temetvince
x4

6.0 Beta 5-7 Asteroids explode like bombs during collisions

Post by temetvince » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 23:20

In Black Hole Sun IV, if you hit an asteroid in a Zeus E, they explode like bombs, damaging and disabling your ship.

In my save game, I'm about to collide with an asteroid. Just wait a second or two after loading and it'll blow up.

Save game: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At6bb8th7HZtmPgJ1JM ... A?e=eXDUl5

Also, two other things I've noticed:
1. Ships set to follow commander do not respect the "docked" choice in the loadout screen. Other commands like defend respect the choice and dock.
2. Ships set to "docked" in the loadout screen will still launch when the commander is given a board command, but will repsect the choice and stay docked for other commands (except follow, as stated above)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 6.0 Beta 5 Asteroids explode like bombs during collisions

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 23:22

Please keep to the single topic as per title in threads here as the right devs will not see any other types of issues that you add in.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 00:00

As far as I am aware these "rigged" asteroids are meant to explode and damage everything nearby on destruction.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 10:28

There is a recent thread about overpowerful rigged asteroids here for 5.10, but I wasn't sure if the OP was reporting this with a 'normal' asteroid.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 11:40

i see a lot of asteroids around that look like those rigged ones and had a case of running into one i guess, i hit something that killed all my engines, it could be a mine though

no save for now, will upload one later when i test if those asteroids i see are in fact riged ones, they are in places that have no resource fields like for example around a xenon station, maybe those new engineer ships lay actual rigged roids? and not mines?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 18:21

this is a vanilla save started in beta 1, the sector is full of those rigged asteroids: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ob2wepeki81t ... ml.gz?dl=0

if you hit it with a ship it explodes doing nice dmg to ships and equipment, if you shoot them close enough it does the same.

where are those roids coming from???
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

ColdRogue26
x4

Beta 4(?) to 7 - Explosive Rocks

Post by ColdRogue26 » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 12:04

For quite a while now playing the beta, there are more and more explosive rocks appearing everywhere.
It seems to go out of hand. Never seen that many (or any at all even) in 5.1

Save and example screenshot attached. Saved while passing a load of them on a highway in Pious Mists II
But there's also loads more in Second Contact II, Argon Prime and more.

I don't know if it is supposed to be that many.

~ColdRogue26
Attachments
save_004.xml.gz
(36.03 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
Schermafbeelding 2023-03-26 120252.png

woldendans

Re: 6.0 Beta 5-7 Asteroids explode like bombs during collisions

Post by woldendans » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 23:30

Hello,

I'd like to report the same issue.

Playing the Beta 7, build 496124.

Piloting a Behemoth Vanguard in Argon Prime, while in travel mode with auto pilot activated, I hit an asteroid and it resulted in every surface element of the ship being completely destroyed, as long as the shield being completly depleted, and the hull damaged. The ship became incontrollable, drifting on its own, with the camera pointing left as if the auto pilot was deseperatly trying to steer left (which was impossible given the fact that the engines were destroyed). I had to wait quite some time for at least an engine to be repaired, to be able to move again.
Note that it happend with the same asteroid one time before this one, but I reloaded the game thinking it was a weird control bug, as I did not see the impact while looking at the map.

Earlier this evening, it happened again while flying in Silent Witness. The ship said "danger detected" a split second before impact, and the ship was completly disabled again.

I does look like a bug, or at least an oversight if exploding asteroids are expected, given the fact that it is normal for capital ships to hit asteroids while traveling.

Thank you for the opportunity to test the Beta !

sirprosik
x4

Post by sirprosik » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 00:22

I wonder if these asteroids are coming from the new NPC's I am seeing called Sabateur's and Engineers.
I am also seeing xenon adv sats in areas they seek to take over/control.

Mark_J

Asteroids!

Post by Mark_J » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 21:46

Not a bug (I think), but why so many asteroids all over the sectors and also along flight paths.

Is this really necessary? No longer can you plot a course and check your empire as you ship will be bouncing off asteroids, or even worse getting nearly wiped out by the explosive ones.

Just a little too much me thinks, can we reduce these a bit please?

Many thanks

MJ

bjhughes1963
x4

Post by bjhughes1963 » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 19:53

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 13. Mar 23, 00:00
As far as I am aware these "rigged" asteroids are meant to explode and damage everything nearby on destruction.
I was in Argon Prime when I had the same issue, NPC was piloting towards the HAT jump gate in travel mode and ran right though asteroids as if they weren't there. Every turret and shield was damaged and disabled.

If I pilot a ship through the same asteroids in travel drive, travel drive is cancelled on contact. On a new test save I had the pilot run through the asteroids, they used the travel drive sometimes but would occasionally stop and proceed at normal speed. The asteroids would turn to dust like normal.

I'm trying to replicate it on a clean save but so far no go. I doubt there are rigged asteroids in Argon Prime.

Flashdim
x4

Post by Flashdim » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 18:50

I'm still getting this in RC3. Major buzzkill after repairing surface elements on captured destroyers.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”