(6.0 Beta) Scrap delivery

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Atiya Raider
x4

(6.0 Beta) Scrap delivery

Post by Atiya Raider » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 13:43

Issue with manticores in ToA where the manticore arrives before scrap cubes and have to wait additional for the scrap to be delivered which in turn is throttling RiP
ToA Manticore.jpg
Manticore 2.jpg

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: (6.0 Beta) Scrap delivery

Post by CBJ » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 14:32

We can't analyse a report like this from just a couple of pictures. Please provide the information requested in the sticky thread at the top of the forum, the one a marked "PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST", and also provide a savegame showing the situation.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 15:11

Wild guess - but I think the OP refers to Manticors only pick up and fly to the scrap processor if there is no scrap processed. Otherwise the Mantircor will wait in front of it's cube or wreck and wait for the station to be ready for another delivery.

This can be a very dangerous for the Manticor and it would indeed be a better behaviour that it would pick up the scrap and fly it to the station, waiting THERE. Also it wastes time as the OP described it. (the Manticor could have delivered the scrap a lot closer while waiting)

If my guess is true - this isn't new to the beta.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Atiya Raider
x4

Post by Atiya Raider » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 17:34

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydcubkahz9ark ... e.zip?dl=0

Save file requested^
chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 15:11
Wild guess - but I think the OP refers to Manticors only pick up and fly to the scrap processor if there is no scrap processed. Otherwise the Mantircor will wait in front of it's cube or wreck and wait for the station to be ready for another delivery.

This can be a very dangerous for the Manticor and it would indeed be a better behaviour that it would pick up the scrap and fly it to the station, waiting THERE. Also it wastes time as the OP described it. (the Manticor could have delivered the scrap a lot closer while waiting)

no i know about that, this one is different i offset that issue with more processors so basically the issue boils down to after a certain distance the cube breaks from the manitcore(but its still attached) causing the cube to fly very slowly to catch up so the manticore is hovering over a station waiting from the cube to get close and then to be deposited

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 17:47

Atiya Raider wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 17:34
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydcubkahz9ark ... e.zip?dl=0

Save file requested^
chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 15:11

no i know about that, this one is different i offset that issue with more processors so basically the issue boils down to after a certain distance the cube breaks from the manitcore(but its still attached) causing the cube to fly very slowly to catch up so the manticore is hovering over a station waiting from the cube to get close and then to be deposited
Ah all right - got it now as well :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”