[Feedback] Regarding the building system - Explained anyway.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

kennet0508
x4

[Feedback] Regarding the building system - Explained anyway.

Post by kennet0508 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 17:49

Hi

I just booted up the game again, its been a while, so i cant say for sure if this is a change in this beta or a change from before, so sorry in advance if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but i feel that this message needs to see dev attantion

Message is a simple one:
The changes to how rigid the building system is in regards to collision is a downgrade and makes for a stricter less free flowing building experience

to clarify with an example:
If i built a walkway that did not line up 100% with a snap point, i could build it inside another module so it "looked like" it came out of the construction naturally, this allowed for quite the esthetic style
with the changes to the build system, this walkway now HAS to be outside the collision scope of another module, making it look like its hovering and not connected.

this makes most if not all of my previous beatutiful (imo) station designs impossible to recreate as i used what is now considered "illegal" building techniques

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 06A4916F0/

to reiterate the point:
I understand that "some" elements, like dock's and fighter launch bay's need to have unobstructed space, but for the rest, there should be an option called freebuild or deactivate rigid building collisions for the build community to allow for more freedom in station designs. You dont want to turn into the trap of what fallout 76 did, where freedom was taken away making the whole building experience a lesser one.
(if this already exists, i havent seen it and my point is mute)
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 2. Feb 23, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

paiku
x4

Re: [Feedback] Regarding the building system

Post by paiku » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 18:19

I think there is an option for that, check the cogwheel.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 18:32

Yes paiko correctly stated you can turn off module collision, it helps with placement issues and allows you to overlap them completely.

MFG

Ketraar

kennet0508
x4

Post by kennet0508 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 18:33

paiku wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 18:19
I think there is an option for that, check the cogwheel.
Indeed there was! thank you! :D

kennet0508
x4

Post by kennet0508 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 18:36

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 18:32
Yes paiko correctly stated you can turn off module collision, it helps with placement issues and allows you to overlap them completely.

MFG

Ketraar
Absolutely! i guess this post is no longer necessary as it has been resolved. only relevance is that it used to be enabled but now its off by default.

groepaz
x4

Post by groepaz » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 19:27

What I still miss is the order and prioritization of modules. If I e.g. load a plan and then you want the defense modules to be built first - with the other modules needed first, of course. It should be possible somehow. It works manually too - just cumbersome.

kennet0508
x4

Post by kennet0508 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 20:53

groepaz wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 19:27
What I still miss is the order and prioritization of modules. If I e.g. load a plan and then you want the defense modules to be built first - with the other modules needed first, of course. It should be possible somehow. It works manually too - just cumbersome.
Wouldent this be resolved by having a build plan in stages? like stage 1: dock + walkways to defence modules, stage 2: rest of the station? if the plan is built on top of an existing plan it seems to keep evrything you previously built.
Atleast, thats the way i build my defence stations, stage one, get all the guns online, stage 2, get ammo production online

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”