[#651][6.0 Beta 2] Management seminar consumed but skill not increased.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

mcailleaux
x4

[#651][6.0 Beta 2] Management seminar consumed but skill not increased.

Post by mcailleaux » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 20:15

Hi

There is a bug with the management seminar

Giving a management seminar to a crew member consumes the seminar but does not increase the skill

Only a crew member who is a station manager will see his skill increase when he is given a management seminar

It is however very useful to be able to give a management seminar to a crew member for the missions "research of manager".

My save : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pGXfzu ... share_link

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [Bug][6.0 Beta 2] Management seminar consumed but skill not increased

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 21:41

It has always been the case that you could only effectively give the relevant seminars to crew currently employed in that role. What you may have unwittingly done is given a seminar boost in the role that the character *was* doing at that time.

The workaround is to replace any current player manager with the intended recipient as the new manager (storing the old manager safely somewhere but in another role). Give the new manager whatever management seminars you want to, transfer the new manager to wherever needed (eg: the NPC station with the mission, or just store as service crew etc on a ship of yours until needed), and then transfer the old manager back to their original management post.

Did you perhaps mean that a (new to beta?) bug is that you *can* incorrectly (if ineffectively) give a management (in this case) seminar to a character not currently in the appropriate role?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Old Drullo321
x4

Re: [Bug][6.0 Beta 2] Management seminar consumed but skill not increased

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 22:01

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 21:41
Did you perhaps mean that a (new to beta?) bug is that you *can* incorrectly (if ineffectively) give a management (in this case) seminar to a character not currently in the appropriate role?
Playing 6.0 Beta 1 and 2, it is possible to give managment seminars to people not currently have this role, for example a pilot currently flying a ship (live or via calling). It accidentially happened a few times to me by pressing the wrong shortcut numbers. I'm not judging if this is WAI, a Bug, or if this was the case in previous versions. Just wanted to add information.

mcailleaux
x4

Re: [Bug][6.0 Beta 2] Management seminar consumed but skill not increased.

Post by mcailleaux » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 06:53

Yes, since the beta it is possible to give any seminar to anyone and I found it convenient to avoid having to temporarily assign a manager and then assign him elsewhere for a mission (which is only possible if the player owns at least one station)

I didn't test with the pilot's seminar if you have the same problem when you give it to an ordinary crew member, I'll check that at my next game

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 08:20

I think this has always been the case but if you hire someone, but before they make it back to your ship, the seminar will not work.

mcailleaux
x4

Post by mcailleaux » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 10:22

I think this has always been the case but if you hire someone, but before they make it back to your ship, the seminar will not work.
Before the beta you could give a piloting seminar directly after the assignment even if the pilot was not yet on his ship, same for the managers, as long as the assignment was done you could talk to them directly and give them the seminars

With the beta, the seminar options are available all the time, which is very convenient, but if the person is not assigned, the seminar is consumed but the skill is not increased (to be confirmed for the pilot), this is problematic

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: [#651][6.0 Beta 2] Management seminar consumed but skill not increased.

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 16:31

Hi, I just tried giving a management seminar to a pilot, and another one to a crew member, and both gained a star in management skill. What exactly doesn't work? Are there maybe specific steps where it doesn't work, or does it never work for you?

mcailleaux
x4

Post by mcailleaux » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 21:11

I didn't try it with a pilot but with a service crew, with the aim of assigning them to a station as part of a mission

mcailleaux
x4

Post by mcailleaux » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 21:19

It's strange, I've tried to reproduce it but I can't, even giving the seminar directly to the crew member after hiring him

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”