[6.0 Beta 2] "Tangling with the Teladi" - invisible wall - WAI

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Xeroeth
x4

[6.0 Beta 2] "Tangling with the Teladi" - invisible wall - WAI

Post by Xeroeth » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 14:11

There is an invisible wall around the unstable anomaly that player should fly through, while doing the "Tangling with the Teladi" mission on Stranded start, making it impossible to even get close to it. At some point while getting closer, around 10km from the anomaly the player speed is cut in half, after that it drops to zero (avoid collisions is turned on, so maybe that's the partial reason to it).
It's impossible to complete if the player wants to do it the way it was supposed to. Instead I was able to complete it with escaping through the gate to the Memory of Profit XI sector.

There is also a problem with the teladi Cap ship, it doesn't have any collisions. you can fly through it.

Save file
||MOBO: ASUS X99-A II||CPU:I7-6800k||GPU:EVGA 3080FTW3||RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 64GB||PSU:EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W P2||
||DISPLAYS:SAMSUNG G9 & IYAMA PROLITE XU2390||LCS:2xHWL BLACK ICE SR2 480 & LAING D5||SYSTEM:WIN 11||

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] "Tangling with the Teladi" - invisible wall

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 14:45

I had the same problem with Smugglers start and doing the HQ mission, when Boso asks you to go through the anomaly that you end up in Grand Exchange, was able to do if I gave myself and very far head start with Travel Drive then boosting into it

At first it was very confusing and anoying why the hell am i slowing down

Can't provide a save since I did the mission and didn't put a beacon at the anomaly if I find another one will post it here
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] "Tangling with the Teladi" - invisible wall - WAI

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 21:28

This is working as intended. Extract from the X4 Wiki:

"Anomalies are one way wormholes connecting distant systems and do not show up on the map. Anomalies have an anti-gravitational field around them preventing slow moving ships from entry, meaning they need to be approached at high speed using Boost or Travel Mode."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xeroeth
x4

Post by Xeroeth » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 23:46

Yes, but going at 3k+ km/s and bouncing off of it isn't supposed to happen I assume? I know how it worked in the past, but now I'm not even able to get close to it, there's definitely something wrong here. Tried in both S and M ships, same results.
||MOBO: ASUS X99-A II||CPU:I7-6800k||GPU:EVGA 3080FTW3||RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 64GB||PSU:EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W P2||
||DISPLAYS:SAMSUNG G9 & IYAMA PROLITE XU2390||LCS:2xHWL BLACK ICE SR2 480 & LAING D5||SYSTEM:WIN 11||

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 01:40

Xeroeth wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 23:46
Yes, but going at 3k+ km/s and bouncing off of it isn't supposed to happen I assume? I know how it worked in the past, but now I'm not even able to get close to it, there's definitely something wrong here. Tried in both S and M ships, same results.
I loaded the provided save file and on the first attempt, experienced a rather extreme version of the usual phenomenon which put me from 600m/s -> 0 almost instantly. The ministry fighters killed me. On the second attempt I had more shields and was able to boost up to 1km/s+, this was sufficient to pierce the anomaly and continue the mission. It did seem as if this anomaly is somehow stronger than usual.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”