V6.00 BETA BUG: Following buillding instructions locks the game - Resolved in Beta 2.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

dtpsprt
x4

V6.00 BETA BUG: Following buillding instructions locks the game - Resolved in Beta 2.

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 15:09

I tried already 3 times following the instructions that pop up (annoyingly) when the player builds the first station (HQ). The game halts when trying to see and put a budget in the project. At first I thought it was a fluke, so after exiting X4 the hard (and only) way at that point reloaded X4 and the game with the same result. Third time I shut the computer down booted it again (not restart, shut down and then start) loaded X4 and the game, landed on a station and tried again with the same result...
Fourth time (that worked) Insstead of following the instructions to the end I chose a builder (as I usually do) before going for the budget. The instructions magically dissapeared and I was able to put a budget and close the editor successfuly!!!
I can not be sure if it is the order of the instructions or the pop up instructions that do the damage.

Savegame follows, the same I started in the 3 last attempts (two failed, one got through):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1clsT9V ... sp=sharing

dtpsprt
x4

Re: V6.00 BETA BUG: Following buillding instructions locks the game

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 15:11

Sorry for the typos. I was so annoyed for the second BUG in a row and the 5 minutes it takes my dreadful Internet connection to upload the file

As always any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 15:21

Any chance this is the same issue like reported (and marked as fixed) here? -> viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451380

MFG

Ketraar

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 15:26

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 15:21
Any chance this is the same issue like reported (and marked as fixed) here? -> viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451380

MFG

Ketraar
Not sure... I have edited and edited PHQ in the BETA with no issues in many savegames with no problem and, as I said above, if I don't follow the instructions everything goes fine...

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 15:54

OK then best to retest in next beta as several changes are marked on the way for UI issues.

MFG

Ketraar

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 19:23

Will do of course...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 19:44

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 15:54
OK then best to retest in next beta as several changes are marked on the way for UI issues.

MFG

Ketraar
Both reoprted bugs fixed and it seems (fingers crossed) that I am now able to atttract and collect crates!!!

Many thanks to the team. Any of you (Berndt included) comes London/Luton side is entitled to at least a beer...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”