[#570]6.0 beta 1 - Ships with maximum locked speed - Fixed in b6.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

grobern
x4

[6.0 Beta 3] Ship stuck at max 50m/s after spacesuit return.

Post by grobern » Wed, 22. Feb 23, 00:44

Difficult to reproduce but has happened twice so far. Use spacesuit, return to your ship, ship max speed stuck at 50m/s. It can boost and travel as per normal, but exit travel and back to 50m/s limit. Save. Exit. Reload. Fixed. It always fixes itself after a game exit/reload.

talon_65
x4

Re: [#570]6.0 beta 1 - Ships with maximum locked speed

Post by talon_65 » Thu, 2. Mar 23, 10:09

Same issue, appears to random so far I have been unable to recreate. Although the only times it has happened to me has been somewhere near a time that I used the long range scanner. So far I've been able to save the game after occurence, reload and problem is gone.

Wultan
x4

Post by Wultan » Thu, 2. Mar 23, 10:33

I had same issue yesterday.
I parked a L-ship in a shipyard and teleported from pilot seat to another ship and that ships maximum speed was 50 m/s.
After reloading the save the issue vanished.

hobi
x3tc

Post by hobi » Thu, 2. Mar 23, 21:37

Hi guys,
beta4 here. The issue is also present here. The speed is locked to 50m/s and the engine sound changes.
The travel and the boost speed are not affected. The issue is not reproducible in the sense that loading new solves the issue.
It often happens after teleporting,
last time the s class ship which had this issue kept the issue also after teleporting out and back in.
It works basically as around a landing platform.
My impression is that this error occurs more often the longer the game runs without loading. A memory leak issue?

Cheers,
Hobi
Spelling is a gift - I am german I don´t like Gift ;)

Bawlislaf
x4

Post by Bawlislaf » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 00:27

Did anyone facing this bug try to enable and disable autopilot after being affected by it?

I can recall occasionally experiencing some sluggish ship handling after teleporting to a ship currently executing an order and taking control of it.
In my case the controls can be fixed by engaging and disengaging the autopilot or reloading the save.
Sadly i never tested the exact nature of my own anomalies, since a quick shift-A fixes things, yet they seem to be connected to the topic at hand.

I wonder whether there might be some ship AI interference involved.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by DocAce » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 10:54

This should be fixed in an upcoming update.

spacecadett
x4

Speed limit - 49 m/s instead of 400+ m/s

Post by spacecadett » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 22:06

I saw a couple of other posts about this but they are locked now and the new patch claims to have fixed it but it just happened to me again after updating to 495135. In my case, it keeps happening to my pegasus vanguard which I use primarily to do missions. Saving and reloading fixes the problem for me. Most recent save game is here

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 08:18

moving the new bug reports into a topic concerning beta 1 isent a good idea dear mod.
we have beta 5 now and this bug is still there.even after it got fixed.at least rename the title of the topic ( remove the beta 1 part at least ) :P

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 10:50

The important part of the title is the [#570] and is why it is all in here and the devs made aware of the ongoing issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Shagrath912
x4

[6.00 Beta 5] (495135) – Ship with maximum locked speed at 50 m/s

Post by Shagrath912 » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 16:29

Dear all,

I play Vanilla, no MOD’s. Custom Game Start (Budged).
Here is another example save with the maximum speed lock:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xROvFJ ... sp=sharing
You are sitting in a Takoba (CGA-399). Steps to Reproduce:
1. Press and hold „X“ to set target speed to maximum alternativley press TAB Key for instant max. Speed.
2. Watch the Ship accelerate but only to 50 m/s

Many thanks for your hard work!

Rompetroll

Post by Rompetroll » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 17:55

Iv'e experienced this also. loading savegame fixes the issue.

Ship seems to not realize it have undocked, landinglegs remain extended and speed is capped to 49m/s.

attatching screenshot of ship with legs extended.
Attachments
20230314091315_1.jpg
tux4ever

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 17:58

Screenshots don't really help us. Unfortunately in this case, neither do saves made after the event. I realise it's a long-shot, but does anyone have a save from slightly earlier, with a ship that is docking but that gets stuck when it undocks after loading the save?

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 10:22

any update to this problem so far ? because last time they said its fixed. but as we know its still there. and i find more and more ships owned by me, with an AI pilot flying with 49 speed
espacaly when they are involved wiht the docking bay at my headquarters ...
no matte rif trader, miner or any kind of fighter
and reloading every 30 mins ins not a solution

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 10:33

The last post was a request for further information to help track down cases where it is still happening, and that was posted yesterday. If you have information that might contribute to helping track it down then feel free to post it. Wasting developer time by asking for updates a few hours after one was given isn't going to make it happen faster; quite the opposite in fact.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 11:02

I found a way to generate this I think.

1. load: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PyCE5n ... share_link

2. order Minotaur Raider to land at VIG shipyard.

3. get off at shipyard, talk to NPCs, teleport to trader, walk back near ship, etc.

4. teleport to Albatross. Tell Minotaur Raider to land and TEL Wharf (not MIN), and equip tier 2 Bolt Repeaters.

5. you can SETA this bit from one of the Albatross's many nav consoles.

6. tell newly equipped Minotaur raider to fly into Silent Witness XI

7. SETA again

8. when it nears its destination and drops out of travel drive, teleport to the ship and take control. You should be speed limited to 50 m/s.

These are probably not all necessary, I was just trying to recreate how it happened to me the first time. My guess is the teleporting away while docked is the culprit.
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 11:35

After repeating it with fewer steps I found it still works with:

-land on shipyard in Minotaur Raider.
-get out, stretch legs, visit trader.
-teleport away.
-send ship somewhere.
-teleport to ship.

Oddly it's feeling similar to how I got that green reflection stuck on my Lux.
***modified***

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 17:15

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 10:33
The last post was a request for further information to help track down cases where it is still happening, and that was posted yesterday. If you have information that might contribute to helping track it down then feel free to post it. Wasting developer time by asking for updates a few hours after one was given isn't going to make it happen faster; quite the opposite in fact.
i already uploaded a save where i said it happens for 90% when ships controlled by AI leaving the player standard dock on the HQ. and after building other docks as test it happens there too.
when they undock from AI controlled stations, its fine.
in my save ( i can upload another one if u want ) u can see clearly that it happens out 5 to 6 times out of 10 when ships possed by me, but controlled from AI pilots stuck at 50speed.
and atm in my new save, i can say the bug that AI pilots just dont use the travel drive could also be relatet to this problem ....

i have 3 M ships trading just for satelites ....from this 3 ships 1 is always NOT using the travel drive. after undocking from player HQ. and 1 or even 2 stuck at 50speed ...happens randomly...
as i say, if u want, i can upload a new save from today, or tomorrow if u wish

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 18:10

Next beta will address this, no more feedback is required until then.

MFG

Ketraar

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 19:39

beta 6 feedback ...
seems to be fixed, did not see anymore ships that stuck at 50 speed in my fleets and traders
i check from time to time ships that flying realy slow, but they travel only without travel speed...
so good job :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”