[RES][6.00 Beta 1] Return To Normal Order Laser Tower Faction Set To Issuing Faction - fixed in B4

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

geldonyetich
x4

[RES][6.00 Beta 1] Return To Normal Order Laser Tower Faction Set To Issuing Faction - fixed in B4

Post by geldonyetich » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 03:08

I received a "Return to Normal Order" mission (destroy laser towers around a starbase) issued by the Argon Federation with an Opposing Faction set to Scale Plate Pact.

However, the faction of the laser towers to destroy is the Argon Federation, harming their faction standing upon destroying them.

In case it wasn't clear, the expected behavior is that the faction of the laser towers to destroy should be set to the opposing faction. In this case, the Scale Plate Pact.
Attachments
save_001.xml.gz
(35.87 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

Old Drullo321
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 1] Return To Normal Order Laser Tower Faction Set To Issuing Faction

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 03:13

I can confirm this issue. First i thought i didn't think enough and even scanned those towers.

Savegame:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/127mOZt ... sp=sharing PS.: It's an autosave, so one jumpgate distant to lasertower location.

geldonyetich
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 1] Return To Normal Order Laser Tower Faction Set To Issuing Faction

Post by geldonyetich » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 04:37

Yep, happened again when I took another mission.

Workaround: destroy one laser tower for inconsequential faction hit, let the rest of the towers expire through other means for eventual mission completion.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 09:57

Here is another case: https://gofile.io/d/goVhVJ

The first save is just before accepting the mission "A Return To Normal Order" from the ALI Wharf. Opposing faction is SCA.

The second save is at the target location. The laser towers are owned be ALI.

Expected: Laser Towers are owned by opposing faction SCA.

LordIII3

Quest generated Lastertowers belonged to wrong faction

Post by LordIII3 » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 22:11

The terran protectorate (I realy controlled it on the mission log) gave me a quest to destroy some lasertowers placed by PGS. So I did attack the marked lasertowers but loose rep because i would do an unauthorised kill of terran property.

magitsu
x4

Re: Quest generated Lastertowers belonged to wrong faction

Post by magitsu » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 22:29

You need to include a save before accepting the mission so they could try to reproduce it.

LordIII3

Post by LordIII3 » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 10:51

I can add a current one, but as I finished the quest and of courde dind't saved shortly before or after that, I don't know if that would help alot. But I can upload one

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:11

Hello, this is already reported here: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451159

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 11:22

Merged, thanks.

Reginald_CZ
x4

Post by Reginald_CZ » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 01:16

I have encountered this issue just now, at the 6.00 Beta 2 version. I got a random mission "A Return to Normal Order", issued by Argon Federation, at The Reach sector and the objective is to fly to Argon Prime sector and shoot down there Laser towers MK 1 and MK 2 around ARG Argon Wharf there. But all the laser towers belong to the same faction, who issued me the mission and for each laser tower shot down I get lost rep for "unauthorised kill". Which is not true, as I am authorised to take down these turrets by the same faction! Sounds like a scam mission.

To reproduce the issue.:
1. Pick a random mission to destroy laser turrets.
2. Once you arrive to the laser turrets marked to destroy, check their faction and compare it with the faction giving you the mission.
3. Notice how the faction is same.
4. Start destroying the laser turrets.
5. For each destroyed laser turret, you loose rep as for "unauthorised kill".
6. As the result of the mission, you got paid well, but at the cost of the temporary reputation lost.

I am attaching the autosave which takes place before I start shooting the turrets and then the save where I destroyed one and got the rep penalty.

Autosave link.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/47oak2k0viyty ... ml.gz?dl=0

Manual save at the bug happening link.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed73jiw2kpb83 ... ml.gz?dl=0

sirprosik
x4

Post by sirprosik » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 22:00

Here is another one where the laser towers are supposed to be owned by SCA but are owned by ARG instead.

Steam screenshot of mission details.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2936911664

Dropbox save. Mission currently active laser towers engaged and owned by ARG.
6.0 beta 3 Linux Steam version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ws04ptqv2cuc ... ml.gz?dl=0

Note: Due to steam no longer allowing disabling webhelpers please continue to provide no-steam exe thanks.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”