[Feedback][6.0 Beta 1] Cinematic Mode

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

andu
x4

Re: [Feedback][6.0 Beta 1] Cinematic Mode

Post by andu » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 23:58

As other said the views are gorgeous, but something that i seem to miss is being able to use the map while the livestream is on, especially in the early-mid game where you own mostly s ships I let my co-pilot handle the trading / docking / navigating and I focus on map information.

So i would request that the menu's are visible while using the livestream camera (options, map, empire etc...)

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 02:01

I like that idea, I kept interrupting the stream to find out when my S ship landed

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 03:11

Example of views that would be nice to see, at least for "scenic/non-combat" modes: https://imgur.com/a/AULGbaL - X4 is gorgeous and detailed, and this would be great way to show it.

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 05:29

Not sure if this has been reported as I looked but didn't see it but I landed on an ally Behemoth and had turned on Live Stream camera and had encountered some strange camera angles. It was displaying footage from within the Behemoth I had docked on and wasn't very pleasant looking to view. Think the camera's position isn't taking into account either that the targetted ship's footage is from a ship docked on top of another ship or maybe it's because the ship I docked on is not from my own faction? Not sure but thought I'd report it here regardless just to be sure.

(Top arrow to show my ship sitting on docks. Lower arrow to show you are viewing interior of the Behemoth) https://i.imgur.com/Pi35Sf5.png

Thanks and can't say it enough, really really appreciate all the hard work on X4. Much love gentle devs. <3
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 13:02

One additional thing that I noticed and don't know if its intended. Ships watched in Live Cam mode have no collisions. They fly through other ships and stations and sometimes they bullets fly through them (that last one doesn't always happen).
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Feedback] Live Camera mode

Post by CBJ » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 13:04

Egosoft-Daniel wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 15:16
The collision issue is something we are looking into.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 18:27

This is a nice feature, I like it. In terms of feedback, there are things I think would improve things further.

1) When following a ship, it'd be good to have the "space dust" effect, so we gain the impression of speed. Unless there are asteroids or other objects nearby, there's little sense of movement if a ship is travelling in a straight line.

2) Being able to control what things are shown. I.e. Show me: Stations / Ships / Jump Gates / Combat sort of thing.

3) When toggling through Player assets, the selection choice is odd. For example, I was tabbing my way through the same few streams (a specific Station, a specific Ship, my Ship) MANY times before it cycled on to the ship I was looking for. Very early-game, I have very few ships, yet it took an age before it'd focus on the two Corvettes I had patrolling around the HQ for example.

4) Having a way to select a ship or object we'd like to follow the stream of, if available.

5) Picture-in-Picture options for the Stream? Or dual monitor support, your choose :)

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 20:23

Maybe a known issue, but when the livestream is viewing player-owned assets, the player logo to the left of the organization name at the top of the screen is always the default, not my custom logo. Would be nice if it matched.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 20:43

What about been able to view the cinematic view on a 2nd screen while playing the game? So we can watch the X news and can play the game while watching it? I guess the fps would drop quite a lot.

dcarver
x4

Post by dcarver » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 00:35

very cool, want way more of this!!!

Suggest trying to keep the target (Locked On) and its target (assignment) vessel both in view during combat.
Stay in external view during combat.
Zoom

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 13:14

strask412 wrote:
Mon, 23. Jan 23, 20:23
Maybe a known issue, but when the livestream is viewing player-owned assets, the player logo to the left of the organization name at the top of the screen is always the default, not my custom logo. Would be nice if it matched.
Thanks a lot for reporting this issue. We are aware and are looking into fixing this.

iNelsy
x4

Post by iNelsy » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 16:13

Hello huys! Let me know if I must create new topic.

Have been noticed some glitches. Chinematic borders affect on environment sounds, with the borders disabled (F8) environment sounds get disabled also.
Ships still fly in to asteroids and fly thro stantions.
For longer you run game lower your FPS will be. At the end of the test I changed resolution for 2k just for comparance and FPS almost didnt grow, game restart FPS grow twice.
Live Stream mode was interrupted once by itself returned mouse control and player POV, but still keep Live Stream HUD enabled. (all NPC notifications was disabled)
Shadows flickering appears often.
Sometime objects and shadows render not fast enough when you change object to observe or it change automatically, especially it noticible on stations.

You can see more detailed on video, i'm sory its too long probably and I have no time codes, but the mentions above this is what I seen while I recoded this.
https://youtu.be/OCoQVzUxknU

Let me know if you want me test something specific with my hardware, I will gladly help.
System configuration
Show
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X [RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G]
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K BX8071513900K
CPU Cooling system: ASUS ROG STRIX LC II 360 ARGB Black 360mm 90RC00F1-M0UAY0 (barely handle the CPU ><)
Memory: KINGSTON FURY Renegade RGB 32GB (16GB x2) DDR5-6400 (KF564C32RSAK2-32)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI (LGA1700, ATX)
Operating system: Windows 11 x64 version 22H2 OS build 22621.1105

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 10:48

iNelsy wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 16:13
Hello huys! Let me know if I must create new topic.

Have been noticed some glitches. Chinematic borders affect on environment sounds, with the borders disabled (F8) environment sounds get disabled also.
Ships still fly in to asteroids and fly thro stantions.
For longer you run game lower your FPS will be. At the end of the test I changed resolution for 2k just for comparance and FPS almost didnt grow, game restart FPS grow twice.
Live Stream mode was interrupted once by itself returned mouse control and player POV, but still keep Live Stream HUD enabled. (all NPC notifications was disabled)
Shadows flickering appears often.
Sometime objects and shadows render not fast enough when you change object to observe or it change automatically, especially it noticible on stations.

You can see more detailed on video, i'm sory its too long probably and I have no time codes, but the mentions above this is what I seen while I recoded this.
https://youtu.be/OCoQVzUxknU

Let me know if you want me test something specific with my hardware, I will gladly help.
Thanks a lot for reporting these problems you're running into.
Physics issues as well as loading of objects, especially when changing the observed object manually are known and will require some time to get adressed.
The sound issues when pressing F8 could be reproduced and a fix is in progress.
We will look into the other issues and try reproducing them and will let you know if we need additional information from your end.

iNelsy
x4

Post by iNelsy » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 10:54

Also I forgot to list one moment. When you observe battle via Live Stream It feels like it never end (maybe because it happen in other sector), I didnt seen even single explosion https://youtu.be/OCoQVzUxknU?t=4451 starting at 1:14:09
System configuration
Show
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X [RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G]
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K BX8071513900K
CPU Cooling system: ASUS ROG STRIX LC II 360 ARGB Black 360mm 90RC00F1-M0UAY0 (barely handle the CPU ><)
Memory: KINGSTON FURY Renegade RGB 32GB (16GB x2) DDR5-6400 (KF564C32RSAK2-32)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI (LGA1700, ATX)
Operating system: Windows 11 x64 version 22H2 OS build 22621.1105

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 11:01

iNelsy wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 10:54
Also I forgot to list one moment. When you observe battle via Live Stream It feels like it never end (maybe because it happen in other sector), I didnt seen even single explosion https://youtu.be/OCoQVzUxknU?t=4451 starting at 1:14:09
That's probably related to physics problems they are looking at. Sometimes in Live cam ships are invulnerable and bullet go through them.
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 13:57

Pejot wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 11:01
iNelsy wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 10:54
That's probably related to physics problems they are looking at. Sometimes in Live cam ships are invulnerable and bullet go through them.
Yes, that is what be believe as well. As stated before it may take some time to iron this out but it's on our gravidar and we're looking into it.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 14:00

One small suggestion for the new cinematic mode.

Previously it wasn't possible to watch an asset/ship out of sector, as seen in the attached screenshot (player is in The Void, selected ship in Blackhole Sun).
However with the cinematic mode, theoretically there is no such restriction anymore by the game. And it would be nice if i could directly have a look at my selected ship through that menu.
Screenshot (1240).png

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 15:11

Loving the Live Stream camera mode, however I spent a whooping 40 minutes pressing space bar on player_owned_galaxy trying to find one single ship I owned out of 8. 8 ships. It took 40 minutes for the mode to cycle to the single ship I wanted to find. There needs to be a significantly better method of selecting what ship you actually want to view.

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 16:25

Hopefully this hasn't been reported but I had an issue with the Live Stream cam bugging out on me when using auto-pilot. I had set a very long course to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other and then turned on the Live Stream cam to watch my journey. Initially started off okay, but then all text disappeared so it was just the black borders showing and nothing else. Then when entering new systems, a bunch of jumbled text was springing up all over the place on the bottom black bar. Switching views of other ships returned it to normal but when I switched back to my ship that's on autopilot, it was back to being bugged out.

If you need, I can give you my game save. Haven't tried to reproduce it yet, will do that soon though. Simply letting you know while it's still fresh in my mind as to what happened. Thanks! Have a great rest of your week.
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 16:31

ack.. can't edit forgot lol

here's a couple screenshots to show you what I am talking about.
https://i.imgur.com/edAFome.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tMEv7rV.jpg

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”