WAI - [5.0b2] Equipment dock when adding equipment for Several ships trying to steal other faction tech

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

dmk
x4

WAI - [5.0b2] Equipment dock when adding equipment for Several ships trying to steal other faction tech

Post by dmk » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:44

save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K03efV ... sp=sharing
I did buy two ships with same configuration from Paranid shipyard,
and trying to add Argon weapons for them, ships are the same:

why Argon Equipment dock trying to steal Paranid tech?

the primary reason for equipment of multiple ships is this, player do buys ships from one faction, and add equipment from other.
ships are the same, so no any reason to modify equipment which is not requested by player.

even if some slots of equipment filled with different equipment for different ships in selection, and some of it is not compatible with facility,
then you can simple forbid to change that equipment slot as you doing that with modded equipment for single ship.
p.s. continuation of viewtopic.php?f=192&t=444359

dmk
x4

Re: [5.0b2] Equipment dock when adding equipment for Several ships trying to steal other faction tech

Post by dmk » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 04:59

still in 5.0b3 after fixing viewtopic.php?f=192&t=444989 several ship equipment feature would be mostly useless,
as in late game player can order several new ships from his own shipyard,
in early game this bug needs to be fixed for several ship re-equipment feature to be useful.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [5.0b2] Equipment dock when adding equipment for Several ships trying to steal other faction tech

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 18:24

What equipment is being added? I tried to reproduce but was not able to. The PAR equipment shown in your screen is that not the one installed on the ship already?

MFG

Ketraar

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 21:15

ION bluster (as shown on first image), but that not important, as soon as you select Multiple Ships in ARG wharf/Equipment dock all paranid equipment is put to be removed.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 21:42

tested again in different situation (save from: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=444989 )

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 21:44

again bug is i never asked to remove equipment, and i don't need to remove it, ships has exactly same config,
i do however asked to add weapons.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: WAI - [5.0b2] Equipment dock when adding equipment for Several ships trying to steal other faction tech

Post by florianlt » Wed, 9. Feb 22, 10:46

WAI - current limitation of the multi-ship upgrade feature that you cannot use equipment the shipyard or wharf does not provide itself

dmk
x4

Re: WAI - [5.0b2] Equipment dock when adding equipment for Several ships trying to steal other faction tech

Post by dmk » Wed, 9. Feb 22, 13:56

any hint in which x4 version this feature would be at least as useful as in x3fl/x3ap, where no such limitation for installing new equipment.
(i.e. they don't uninstall equipment), i do understand that upgrading would be a problem, but why adding is a problem.

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Thu, 10. Feb 22, 12:27

I posted about this in my post and was asked to report this here as well.

Upgrading (as in adding equipment) multiple ships that have equipment already installed not available at the equipment dock/wharf/shipyard removes these equipments. But why can we upgrade them individually without this issue? Would it not make more sense to leave the already installed equipment on the ships? Why would they be removed in the first place.

As a fan of mixed weapons, I would like to upgrade a mass order of fighters at certain equipment docks. The feature of upgrading multiple ships is great, but it's usefulness is harshly limited if they remove stuff from my ships that I intend to use. If this is intended I fail to see the rationale behind this. Is the station attempting to steal the technology? But only when outfitting multiple ships?

Shagrath912
x4

Post by Shagrath912 » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 14:03

florianlt wrote:
Wed, 9. Feb 22, 10:46
WAI - current limitation of the multi-ship upgrade feature that you cannot use equipment the shipyard or wharf does not provide itself
Is this "current limitation" a technical limitation that you might overcome in the future? "Current" implies that this might change in the future? It's a little confusing when I can't restock my Hermes Sentinel transport ships as a group of three at the Split shipyard with Split Marines, but I can if I do the same at the same shipyard with each ship individually.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Thu, 17. Feb 22, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorted quote.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”