[#622][6.00 Beta 492332] Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Reginald_CZ
x4

[#622][6.00 Beta 492332] Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

Post by Reginald_CZ » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 23:37

I have decided after a long time to travel to a SCA Pirate Base at Grand Exchange III sector to sell there some illegal stuff. Yet there are no traders in both Trader's corners. Now I am not sure if these NPCs can leave the space station, but as I already have one even at my PHQ, this sounds like a bug.

To replicate the issue.:

1.Fly by your spaceship to some SCA Pirate Base, which is in different sector.
2. Dock at the base.
3. Walk form your docked spaceship to a trader's corner.
4. Notice that there is no trader.

I am attaching a save and screenshot showing the issue.

The save's link is.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu8reezbiz145 ... ml.gz?dl=0
Attachments
20230123233006_1.jpg

Sinuhe
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 492332] Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

Post by Sinuhe » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 09:23

The same thing happened to me on all stations (owned and foreign).
Workaround till it's fixed: When you talk to any other visible npc in that station also the traders will be visible again afterwards.
Grüße
Sinuhe

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#622][6.00 Beta 492332] Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 12:45

I'm unable to reproduce the issue myself. When you do have the issue are there no NPCs on the dock at all?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

magitsu
x4

Re: [#622][6.00 Beta 492332] Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

Post by magitsu » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 13:27

Have you looked at the trader for long enough? Because I remember a time when I had X4 on a hdd, and that specific asset was always considerably late to load in. It practically popped in several seconds later.

Reginald_CZ
x4

Post by Reginald_CZ » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 14:47

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 12:45
I'm unable to reproduce the issue myself. When you do have the issue are there no NPCs on the dock at all?
In my case, at the place of the report and the save, there are other NPCs at the space station (some captain of Teladi Company and then Scale Plate Pact NPCs). And like other people reported, when I talked with an NPC (first Teladi Company one, then the Scale Plate pack ones), the NPC traders suddenly appeared.

Which means that the trader's won't appear only if the bug happens and during the bug player doesn't talk with any other NPC at the affected space station.

Reginald_CZ
x4

Post by Reginald_CZ » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 02:06

I had another missing trader incident, this time at the version 6.00 Beta 2, sector ARG Argon Prime, station ARG Argon Wharf. This time there was no crew or captains walking around. There were just the stationary NPCs, like the manager, but talking with them didn't help to solve the issue. With the trader, also the ship dealer was missing too.

The issue was solved by opening the map, clicking on stuff at it, selecting my ships, station, etc. Just interacting with the map. And once I have closed the map, the trader and dealer spawned.

The save where the issue happened is.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0g603qgwgd1w ... ml.gz?dl=0

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”