[4.0b8] Miners using old probe locations

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

z1ppeh
x4

[4.0b8] Miners using old probe locations

Post by z1ppeh » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:50

save https://easyupload.io/6rgi5l
pic https://ibb.co/ZNWfcHH

These miners were setup early on. I have since removed probes from the locations they are mining at yet the miners still go to old probe locations. Fair play... they remember the old data and are using it as its better than the current data... but surely not intended.

easternsun

Re: [4.0b8] Miners using old probe locations

Post by easternsun » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 00:58

I thought them mentioned in the survey feedback thread that after beta 8 probes are there to assist now and you don't need to spam them throughout the sector. You only need 1 to have them go to the sector and they will find other locations if the probe has multiple miners.

z1ppeh
x4

Re: [4.0b8] Miners using old probe locations

Post by z1ppeh » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 11:09

easternsun wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 00:58
You only need 1 to have them go to the sector and they will find other locations
They use probes for the regions, not the sectors.

The major problem this brings, if I am correct in them not removing previous probe locations, is that if I remove old probes because their value is too low... then by end game when I have spent x time probing everything everywhere I no longer want the lower density sites to be searched if I have probed specific areas for them to go to. It enables defensive measures to be put into place against the Khaak rather than having my miners go to all locations that I have probed ever.

I notice them going around my current probe locations... but when they toodle off to somewhere I have probed previously in a sector there are defensive issues.

Unless I understand regions badly, they should not be poking around at old probe sites

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”