[4.0 b1 HF1] L Missile Turret won't fire.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

capitalduty

[4.0 b1 HF1] L Missile Turret won't fire.

Post by capitalduty » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 19:36

Description: L missile turret with ammo and with attack all enemy turret behavior in armed state will not fire on enemy destroyer, arming and disarming turret wont do anything.
Ships involved: Raptor TBQ-147 vs Odysseus Destroyer PHB-211

Save link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QLUoiW ... sp=sharing

Please let me know if you need anything else!
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sun, 22. Nov 20, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Capitalised title adjusted.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [4.0 b1 HF1] L Missile Turret won't fire.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 20:33

You say 'with ammo' but have you equipped a missile type to the turret? You need to do that even with only one missile type aboard, or so I believe.

The only other explanation from past threads is if the turret rotation is a bit slow and they cannot align in time (if firing dumbfire).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 20:56

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 22. Nov 20, 20:33
You say 'with ammo' but have you allocated a missile type to the turret? You need to do that even with only one missile type aboard.
Where would one do that? So far I never recognized an UI for a built ship. The only way to assign a certain missile type to turrets is to use the new options when building a new ship. :gruebel:

---

I tested the OPs savegame and the L-turrets are indeed the only ones not firing. The unguided missile launchers are shredding the Odysseus, though. (gotta love m batteries with the proper amount of slots...). I also tried to get some distance to the Odysseus but the L-missiles are only tracking, never firing. :(

BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
---
X4.exe != X4 Echse

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 21:13

Alan Phipps wrote:
You say 'with ammo' but have you equipped a missile type to the turret? You need to do that even with only one missile type aboard, or so I believe.

The only other explanation from past threads is if the turret rotation is a bit slow and they cannot align in time (if firing dumbfire).
There is no UI to assign missile to turrets, only to launchers. That is the issue since 1.0

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 21:23

Alan Phipps wrote:

Is a tracking L missile turret, I dont know how to further assign a missile type on a L turret, its possible? could you explain in detail please?.

I know how to do it on main weapons of a m/s ships. But on L turrets I only can store missiles...not assign it..its possible?

The turret rotation is not a problem, I verified multiple distances and attack vectors. IMO a tracking missile turret should have some kind of off-boresight capability too, a more ample cone of fire for sure.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 22:37

Fair enough, I was confusing missile turrets with main launchers.

I have found some older similar threads, examples here and here, but with no solutions.

moppidoo

Post by moppidoo » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 23:36

apologies for not loading your game, what missiles have you got onboard your ship?

A general misconception with tracking missiles is that the effective range =/= arming range (yes, it got me as well)

I don't know how X4's missiles really work and the encyclopedia rarely gives useful information. But I did an in-depth experiment with few prospective missiles to find that the arming range of the tracking missiles is pretty much between 20%~30% of it's effective range.

https://youtu.be/A3HfM0qSEpI

and to the utter disappointment, many missiles are very useless in terms of long range engagements not to mention they needed restock as opposed to other weapon types.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 23:40

In the provided savegame the target (Odysseus) is ~very~ close - like only a few hundred meters. Shouldn't be a range problem.

BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
---
X4.exe != X4 Echse

rubahax4
x4

Post by rubahax4 » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 13:01

Large rocket turrets refused to fire since version 3.30 (if not before). Tried all types of turret behavior, and with one and with different ammunition - the result is negative.

Also, since version 3.30 there is a bug with turrets in the behavior of "attack large ships", "attack fighters" with non-firing turrets.
Solved by changing the behavior of at least one turret to "attack all enemies", and all the turrets worked again.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 18:12

Are devs aware of this issue already? Its quite frustrating to have neglected L missile turrets on capital ships vs capital ship warfare, this leave us only two viable options against big ships on L turrets (L pulse laser "mediocre" and Plasma "Good for slow targets), missile gameplay its lots of fun when it works and will add new interesting loadouts to our big capital ships, also turrets looks menacing with the red laser for aiming...but then sadly you cannot tell the turret to fire on the enemy ships :S

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 20:10

The devs are aware of this thread.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 20:52

does M missile turrets work? bc I cant get my Phoenix bombers to fire them, it has all turrets missiles L and M
Fixed credits not being able to claim abandoned ships sometimes getting stuck when boarding operation sometimes getting some owner other than the player builds a station module or surface element.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”