3.30 Beta 1 - "Saving Failed" - Resolved.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tnorgate
x4

3.30 Beta 1 - "Saving Failed" - Resolved.

Post by tnorgate » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 17:59

Played and saver 3.30 Beta 1 game yesterday but today can't save my game. Get the message "Saving Failed" with F5 quicksave and the standard save.

In Steam when I access "Browse Local Files" they are located in Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\X4Foundationa\save which has been normal for some time now

They were being saved to my One Drive folder as well and Alan Phipps has told me that they should be stored in Users\"my user name"\Documents\Egosoft\X4\Steam\"my ref"\save.

So not sure what has occurred here although due to blue screen issues I've reverted to a non turbo charged bios setting to see if it resolves it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 3.30 Beta 1 - "Saving Failed"

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 20:38

I'll add this link leading to the old thread for a complete history.

It sounds as though one of two things has happened:

1. Installing the beta has reset your save location to the stock location or another that will not work for you on your system.

2. Something on your system has changed your permissions or Steam account administrator recognition necessary for the save directory path you use.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

tnorgate
x4

Re: 3.30 Beta 1 - "Saving Failed"

Post by tnorgate » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 22:34

I've reverted to installing the game on my "C" SSD drive and it seems to have resolved the issue. I originally moved my "Steam" folder to my "D" drive to save space on my SSD drive. Have deleted all other Steam games and now just have X4:Foundations installed and it appears to be working ok for now at least.

boogieman335
x4

Re: 3.30 Beta 1 - "Saving Failed" - Resolved.

Post by boogieman335 » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 03:55

You need to make an exception for the game in your ransomware settings in Windows, security settings.

Return to “X4: Foundations”