[3.0B5 HF1 - B6 HF1] Very different construction drone amounts at faction shipyards, intentional?

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

bitvoid
x4

[3.0B5 HF1 - B6 HF1] Very different construction drone amounts at faction shipyards, intentional?

Post by bitvoid » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 22:30

This may not be a new issue introduced in the beta but since the beginning of my current playthrough in beta 3.0 I've noticed that some faction shipyards produce ships at a vastly faster rate than others. After a while I discovered the reason for this: some shipyards/wharves have far fewer construction drones than others.

In my universe construction drone amounts for the shipyards/wharves where I have the rep to see them it looks like this:

ARG Shipyard: 67
ARG Wharf: 5
HOP Shipyard: 65
HOP Wharf: 10
PAR Shipyard: 1
PAR Wharf: 5
TEL Shipyard: 1
TEL Wharf: 15

After seeing this it also became obvious how the HOP could produce massive fleets invading PAR territory because HOP can produce ships at a vastly superior rate. They took over 2 sectors from PAR already and only my shipyard helping them out in production is slowly stopping the HOP advance.

As far as I can tell those shipyards are not restocking drones as the ones with the very low drone amounts are the ones where I've noticed very slow ship building since the beginning (about 4 ingame days ago). Even though I don't see their drone amounts I also think the XEN shipyards are affected by this because from time to time I do see a fresh K popping up in the build queue with a build time around 1 hour.

So the question I'm asking is basically if those differences in drone amounts and lack of restocking are intentional, maybe used for balancing purposes? It does look strange to me tbh and it really sucked wanting to buy some PAR L/XL ships early on before having my own shipyard because they'd take roughly 1h to build.

In case this is not intentional I posted my unmodified save here.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [3.0B5 HF1] Very different construction drone amounts at faction shipyards, intentional?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 22:50

For the devs: This is also touched on in this thread which also had some saves.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

bitvoid
x4

Re: [3.0B5 HF1] Very different construction drone amounts at faction shipyards, intentional?

Post by bitvoid » Fri, 14. Feb 20, 09:45

It appears that now my HOP shipyard is affected by this too!

I noticed that HOP activity severely decreased after they stole 2 sectors from PAR. At first I thought they simply changed targets and for a while they were actually fighting ANT/ARG in Second Contact II but that also soon stopped. I searched for their fleet and didn't find it anywhere so I looked at their shipyard and noticed how their ship building speeds were now also in the 1h range.

So I was looking at the drones again everywhere and this is what I found:

ARG Shipyard: 67
ARG Wharf:5
ANT Shipyard: 67
ANT Wharf: 77
HOP Shipyard: 1
HOP Wharf: 10
PAR Shipyard: 1
PAR Wharf: 5
TEL Shipyard: 1
TEL Wharf: 15

So now the only NPC shiyards left in my universe that can produce ships at a reasonable speed is ANT and ARG who could probably just wipe out HOP now.

One notable thing that happened between the first save and now is that there was a supply shortage at the HOP shipyard and wharf that is not fully resolved yet, but the shipyard has enough resources to build. The other shipyards with 1 drone don't seem to have any supply issues.

The new savegame can be found here.

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Tue, 25. Feb 20, 09:44

[Beta 6] Fixed stations with automatic unit settings sometimes dismantling units and working with a reduced amount.
Not sure if this was meant to change anything but I can confirm that this problem is still present in Beta 6 HF 1

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”