Saves Yaki?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kimgertsen
x4

Saves Yaki?

Post by Kimgertsen » Wed, 7. Feb 24, 15:06

I think egosoft should make more out of yaki, there is no point.. to the end, all xenon is gone in that place, they push more on TER and more ships are sold.
Make it like BUC.
thanks for reply.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Saves Yaki?

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Feb 24, 16:35

Also see this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Wed, 7. Feb 24, 19:54

This is an older thread, but it might also be relevant. There's a lot of discussion in it about conditions that do seem to lead to station build missions for the Yaki (as is mentioned by one of the posters in the thread that Alan linked), which the player can do for them. I've never achieved the game state discussed in this thread to experience it myself, so I can't guarantee it's possible, but the theory seems sound.

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=445030

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 22:04

That is not a theory. By that link provided above I have already described the way to restore Yaki.
They really spawn base building missions rarely but only with one condition: Savage Spur I must be under control of any other main factions (not a player).
In my example that was Zyarth which I forced to colonize the whole region. That was very difficult and time consuming task (because in my game they were almost extincted with Argons and Xenons help). With much efforts they colonized the SS I and finally Yaki ordered me a couple of stations.
With these new Yaki stations (with L and XL fabrication modules) you may hire their cool-looking personnel in bulk). But really that's the only outcome you gain out of it, since the Yaki as faction is very limited in their behaviour. They build anly a few S and M vessels and don't bither of anything in X4 galaxy, sadly.

Quellcoder
x4

Post by Quellcoder » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 22:43

i use them as a locust swarm released from my mobile, self sustained shipyard aka HQ to remove any station or ships in their path.
i wonder... would the start to offer build missions if you claim the sector from the xenon?

castleberger
x4

Post by castleberger » Tue, 16. Apr 24, 22:11

Quellcoder wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 24, 22:43
i wonder... would the start to offer build missions if you claim the sector from the xenon?
I installed a mod that forced maximum missions offered from NexusMods and the Yaki gave me 2 missions to build stations for them. I never did. LINK TO MOD

In Vanilla 6.2 I have gotten station build missions for HAT and ALI. HAT with an admin mod will claim sectors, ALI will act like it doesn't have an admin module. ALI says "does not wish to claim territories" in the reputation tab like YAKI does, so I assume you cannot force Yaki into owning territory without mods.

There's a player on this forum that claims to have a "build station" mission from the Yaki that started being offered after a different NPC faction (Argon maybe?) claimed the sector. So I think it's possible that Yaki in Vanilla offer station building missions, just very very very rarely.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 09:13

castleberger wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 24, 22:11

There's a player on this forum that claims to have a "build station" mission from the Yaki that started being offered after a different NPC faction (Argon maybe?) claimed the sector. So I think it's possible that Yaki in Vanilla offer station building missions, just very very very rarely.
Got a similar experience. Zyarth cleansed the area of Xenon, fulfilling the mission to save the Yaki from Xenon for me. Shortly after Zyarth claimed the space, the Yaki offered several build missions in a row (accept the build mission, build the station & they offer me a new one after old was finished). Fun bonus, finishing the mission turns various factions neutral with Yaki (Argon & Split among them), helping them with delivering goods to their shipyard & stations. Yaki still raid them, they're not good friends to have (Yaki leave you alone if your rep is high enough, 20+)

Current situation in the Yaki homesector Savage Spur I in my playthrough Note that they did offer a Defense station build mission too, but I added some production modules to it, for economic benefit. Split feel at home too.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”