Dukes Buccaneers question

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Irushian
x4

Dukes Buccaneers question

Post by Irushian » Thu, 3. Aug 23, 11:53

Hey guys, I've had this happen a couple of times within my game and the first time I thought I was supposed to follow them and nothing happened and as it just happened again a few minutes ago I thought I'd search first and then ask for clarity.

I just entered Morning Star IV to take/destroy some buccaneer ships and Boso Ta comm'd me about a convoy taking a large amount of materials and wondering where they were taking them. Is this important and should I be doing anything with this? The first time I followed the ships that he mentioned but after a while I gave up as it looked like they weren't doing anything (it's possible I followed the wrong ships). I do not have any plots active, I haven't yet started the Paranid line either.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Dukes Buccaneers question

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 3. Aug 23, 14:10

Irushian wrote:
Thu, 3. Aug 23, 11:53
Hey guys, I've had this happen a couple of times within my game and the first time I thought I was supposed to follow them and nothing happened and as it just happened again a few minutes ago I thought I'd search first and then ask for clarity.

I just entered Morning Star IV to take/destroy some buccaneer ships and Boso Ta comm'd me about a convoy taking a large amount of materials and wondering where they were taking them. Is this important and should I be doing anything with this? The first time I followed the ships that he mentioned but after a while I gave up as it looked like they weren't doing anything (it's possible I followed the wrong ships). I do not have any plots active, I haven't yet started the Paranid line either.
Before doing the Paranid plot BUC rep is locked to -15, therefore you can attack them without consequences. Boso Ta is just encouraging you to try it out.

Irushian
x4

Post by Irushian » Thu, 3. Aug 23, 14:15

Thank you! I wasn't sure if it was some secret or something with him speaking up when coming across them again, especially as I've killed lots of them previously since getting his message a long time ago (on this same save).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Aug 23, 17:27

It's a scene-setting dialogue with no important consequences that was designed to help you find your first Duke's Lost Property Office by perhaps following a Prometheus there. I guess that it may time-out and repeat eventually.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 3. Aug 23, 22:27

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 3. Aug 23, 17:27
I guess that it may time-out and repeat eventually.
I've got those more than once.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

[R3DACTED]

Post by [R3DACTED] » Mon, 26. Feb 24, 18:07

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 3. Aug 23, 17:27
It's a scene-setting dialogue with no important consequences that was designed to help you find your first Duke's Lost Property Office by perhaps following a Prometheus there. I guess that it may time-out and repeat eventually.
There is an ACHIEVMENT associated with this. Destroying a storage here.

Kev!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”