High-mass Teleportation I query

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

High-mass Teleportation I query

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 17:03

Hey all,

So, I gathered all the required materials for "High-mass Teleportation I" and started the research. It was complete in about ten seconds, but nothing has happened since. The mission guidance shows "Wait: Research in Progress" in the bottom left of the screen, but nothing appears to be happening. What am I missing here?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: High-mass Teleportation I query

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 17:12

It doesn't complete in 10 secs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 17:16

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 1. Jul 23, 17:12
It doesn't complete in 10 secs.
It did. I went to the research screen, clicked to start research, the timer counted down from 00:10 to 0, then it said "Research Complete". The research UI, when I expand "High-mass Teleportation I" show the description, with "Research Complete" at the bottom. I even loaded the save again, and the exact same thing happened.

How long should this research take then? Game clearly said ten second prior to me starting the research, it said ten seconds as soon as it was showing.

Update: I carried on playing for a short while and, this time, a few minutes after the research had completed, I got a comms from Boso. Seems there's a weird delay between the research finishing (too soon?) and Boso's comms. Was worried the mission chain had broken.
Last edited by Scoob on Sat, 1. Jul 23, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 17:20

I think the problem could be in the (too short) timer and it just can't sort everything out and prepare for the next step in that time - here's an example when just waiting sees it sort itself out.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 17:24

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 1. Jul 23, 17:20
I think the problem could be in the (too short) timer and it just can't sort everything out and prepare for the next step in that time - here's an example when just waiting sees it sort itself out.
Yes, see my edit above. It did progress eventually. However, I'd waited at least as long the first time and it didn't progress. After reloading, kicking off the research again (10 seconds) then waiting a further I'd guess five minutes, I get the Boso comms.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 19:59

I cant kick it off just now due to lack of Nividium, but the dialogue for High Mass Teleportation II says 10 seconds for "Time required", I can't currently check on High Mass Teleportation 1 because its complete already.
https://i.imgur.com/968l1Sf.png
After that though I do recall having to wait a while before Boso talks to you.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 21:40

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sat, 1. Jul 23, 19:59
I cant kick it off just now due to lack of Nividium, but the dialogue for High Mass Teleportation II says 10 seconds for "Time required", I can't currently check on High Mass Teleportation 1 because its complete already.
https://i.imgur.com/968l1Sf.png
After that though I do recall having to wait a while before Boso talks to you.
Thanks for confirming. Looks like there is a problem then. Sure, it seemed to work (the second time, after reloading) if you continue to wait, but the timer is all wrong. It should be gather stuff, research and message from Boso, not unknown wait time before message from Boso. I've not actually done this before, never really been that bothered about teleportation, but thought I'd try it out this time.

Unobtania

Post by Unobtania » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 14:46

This is unfortunately still broken in the latest stable build.
First time ever I try to teleport my HQ and I too get that 10 second research stuff.

Waited a bit, then when I moved I suddenly get a message, minutes after the research was done, that it was complete.
Then nothing, talked to researcher, nothing.

No instruction, now new research options, no new options in the UI, nothing.

As the other player did, I wend back to an old save, made sure the mission was set active before starting research and just wait afterwards.
Then eventually I got the instructions, from here I assume it will go as planned.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 18:29

I don't think it's broken, just suffering from bad timing. If the message from Boso Ta (to place a beacon and activate the HQ teleportation) was supposed to occur and some other message was being played simultaneously, Boso's message may not come across and you'd miss the instructions. Reloading and doing it again would probably result in a different timing of the message(s). It's a problem that I've seen occur in other situations, too.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”