Request: Xenon Revival Protocol

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DJ0JJ
x4

Request: Xenon Revival Protocol

Post by DJ0JJ » Wed, 10. May 23, 00:49

I am writing because I have tried unsuccessfully in my Vanilla save to "Resurrect" or Revive the Xenon back again, because apparently there is no X without the Xenon :lol:

Really, I am requesting for an official way to resurrect the Xenon, please Ego, put it on the next patch.

The reason I write is because no mission triggering or container trick that works to bring those pests again, even after leaving them 1 Zone, 1 Warf, 1 Energy Station and 0 Ships around. Man, I did a great job exterminating them.
I know I could restart the game, start anew and bring them back but I guess I am attached to that save that started since version 1.2, haven't terraformed everything yet, and now I see the Xenon cannot rise again by themselves (unlike the Kha'ak) and can't follow the Terran extermination quests because there is nothing more to exterminate.

Please Egosoft, make them be able to spawn back from hell from time to time, or bring a quest/mission that could actually resurrect them "intentionally". I remember the Boron once took some Xenon away to avoid their extinction, can I help with that please? (That remainds me of movies where people let out some AI with good intentions and bad consequences)

Thank you for reading

Funny notes:
I expended like 2 hours trying to find the correct way to edit the XML save file, to find at the end that there is a signature that I am not going to find a way to circumvent.
At least the Xenon came back with force just by equalizing the Silicon with the Ore

mp63
x3

Re: Request: Xenon Revival Protocol

Post by mp63 » Wed, 10. May 23, 21:06

...yep, Xenon revival would be nice. I left them a Solar Power Station as a retreat but some Split Patrol found it ...
They try to put up a wharf/shipyard building site in two systems but with no ships arriving they'll never complete.

I parked a ship inside the HUB. Psssst, Egosoft, maybe if there was a secret switch somewhere to power a jumpgate to a hidden system... :mrgreen:

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 11. May 23, 10:05

Good request, I tried to preserve them (after beating back the game initially letting them spread quite alarmingly), got them down to being hemmed in to 4 sectors and plugged all exit gates with fleets of Rattlesnakes, I had already heard that they needed to be kept in game.

However after successfully corralling them into those sectors, Zyarth decided to go in there with big stompy boots and finish them off, so my efforts to preserve them was undermined.

Now I see the game trying to build Xenon stations in just one Paranid sector, but they never succeed (I have been told its because there are no Xenon supply ships left), and the Paranid keep wiping out these attempts.

As much as I like a peaceful X'verse, I do miss having lots of drops to collect which the Kha'ak cant quite fill the roll of.
I have helped TEM to develop, and they are repeatedly attacking anything Paranid so I do now have a source for High Energy Catalysts to do modding of weapons with, but they never seem to drop any Exceptional mod resources for the in game purple modifications (I was hoping Ventures might be a source for those, but Ventures for me is a non-starter as it kills my FPS just participating, and from my brief experience of ventures so far, I dont think we can get Exceptional resources there either).
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Sat, 13. May 23, 15:35

Game started at version 3.10 and I still have healthy Xenon population in Emperor's Pride. I own Lithany of Fury IX and Paranid have another Lit sector + W. Skies X (HOP + PAR was united before I enabled Split DLC).

Tested 6.0HF2 but around 48h of playing all power distributor S ships were destroyed (they came out and got killed by my defence platform).
I returned back to 5.10HF3b and no plans at the moment to upgrade 6.x as don't want loose my fellow Xenon neighbours.

I also have Xenon stations but no ships in Scale Plate Green I and higher Turqoise Sea sector.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Mon, 15. May 23, 06:49

For me the xenon dominate the split, its quite a challenge to try to clean those sectors. Its a new 6.0 save.

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Wed, 17. May 23, 09:38

Greetings,

This instantly tickled a part of my memory:
DJ0JJ wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 00:49
... make them be able to spawn back from hell from time to time, or bring a quest/mission that could actually resurrect them "intentionally"
... because I thought, it's already a thing as Egosoft introduced the three Mission Chains in 5.1 (The Logistician/Economist, The Artist/Addict, The mad Scientist/AI-Programmer).

After giving her the many, many Xenon Scrapparts she was always mumbling something about "it was alive for a short time and shut down afterwards", and even getting the "Office XEN I Model" after more of them, I thought it would be not too far fetched to link it to increased XEN activity for a couple of hours after every "boot up" or even a dedicated Attack Group, led by an I to come after her (Teladi Shipyard, iirc).

Have not looked at the script of these missions yet, so can't say if it's a thing or not, but that would at least be a "lore friendly" gateway to introduce some sort of mechanic to boost the XEN for a couple of hours (production bonus for x hours, faction-war-ai with increased agression for x hours, etc., a spawn of 2-3 Mineral Distribution Units if all others are already destroyed).

Just my 2 cents on this one.

Have a great one,
Nilus

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 17. May 23, 13:37

NilusBavarius wrote:
Wed, 17. May 23, 09:38
DJ0JJ wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 00:49
... make them be able to spawn back from hell from time to time, or bring a quest/mission that could actually resurrect them "intentionally"
... because I thought, it's already a thing as Egosoft introduced the three Mission Chains in 5.1 (The Logistician/Economist, The Artist/Addict, The mad Scientist/AI-Programmer).
:o I had completely forgotten they were a thing, tried one once but by that time Zyarth had already wiped out the last remnants of Xenon in my game .. so the missions became impossible to do.

Good call on having those as potential kickers to bring Xenon back to life.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Wed, 17. May 23, 15:42

In my current game, I had to intervene in some sectors in order to curb the xenon expansion so I could finish some of the plots. Splits had no eco, no fleet, lost Family Tkr to the Xenon and had a lone Xenon I in Heart of Acrimony destroying stations. Since the conclusion of the plot, the Xenon no longer can finish any station they start. There's been on in construction in Family Tkr for a very long time now, and it's still nowhere finished. They do send raiding parties, but fail to expand at all despite no home defense fleet to defend the Splits (who are being hammered by the Argons). The Xenon did have a heavy start though. They took out Open Market, Two Grand, Family Tkr, are constantly harassing the Teladi in Ianamus Zura. But now they can't build any station whatsoever.

Anyhow, the Xenons don't really need a quest for them to come back. They're immortal machines, and don't actually need the accelerators in order to move about. They could just slow boat from a remote place of a system back into the known network. They could even have made strongholds in deep space, or any uncharted and difficult to access area. Most of the systems in the network, beside Sol, aren't well defended at all. That leaves invasion points for the Xenon to appear out of nowhere.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 30. May 23, 12:57

xrogaan wrote:
Wed, 17. May 23, 15:42
Anyhow, the Xenons don't really need a quest for them to come back. They're immortal machines, and don't actually need the accelerators in order to move about. They could just slow boat from a remote place of a system back into the known network. They could even have made strongholds in deep space, or any uncharted and difficult to access area. Most of the systems in the network, beside Sol, aren't well defended at all. That leaves invasion points for the Xenon to appear out of nowhere.
I like both ideas : Either have a repeatable quest as a reward from the mad scientist plot, where
- you get a deployable Xenon amplifier beacon (nav beacon, just scarier) which can be deployed in any sector
- if not destroyed for some time (10 min? 1h?) it lures in Xenon into this sector (spawns capitals and miners/energy transporters far away from sector center with the order to close in to the beacon
- once close enouh to the beacon, create plots for Xenon wharf and two solar power plants
- the miners and energy suppliers are fully loaded with resources to get the wharf and the SPPs built and running
Or do the same, but let the Xenons do it automatically :
- instead of the player deploying a xenon nav beacon, select a sector and have a Xenon T come in from far away
- the T idles in the sector for a bit, then deploys the xenon nav beacon in the center
- after a few minutes beacon activity, let the big fleet move in.
- as long as the player or a faction can shoot down the T or the beacon in time, no fleet will spawn and the Xenon will try again after a while in another sector

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”