Screwed myself over in online mode

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

multox
x4

Screwed myself over in online mode

Post by multox » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 04:38

I've been trying out the new online mode with a fresh game start. As you know, there's only one save. No alternate save points and the game already saved itself before I realized the issue.

While I had the Brantlee's Competition mission going, I added an engine mod to my Moreya. The game automatically detected it even though the Moreya is an "S" ship and the mission says it needs an "M". So now I can't proceed the mission without another Moreya. Unfortunately, my standing with the Yaki is -25.

I ran over to the Yaki sector but couldn't see a way to increase standing. Can't kill criminal mass traffic because they won't let me near their bases. Can't do missions, standing too low.

I would really like to reset the Brantlee's quest or go back a step, but I don't see a way to do that without modifying the game. Any suggestions on how to get out of this pickle?

LameFox
x4

Re: Screwed myself over in online mode

Post by LameFox » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 08:05

Have you tried taking it off, or upgrading something else? I thought I read someone had solved this in the past that way.
***modified***

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 10:35

If that does not work, you coul look for a Yaki patrol and make a Moreya bail.
Right on commander !

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 11:35

To my knowledge the game even includes in the mission description that you can always change the ship type by installing an engine mod on another ship.

multox
x4

Post by multox » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 01:52

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 08:05
Have you tried taking it off, or upgrading something else? I thought I read someone had solved this in the past that way.
You're absolutely right. I just had to mod another ship.

I'm a doofus. The mission even says so... I didn't noticed that I needed to scroll down for a second post scriptum.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”