[Hypothetical] What would happen if you did nothing?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Createse
x4

[Hypothetical] What would happen if you did nothing?

Post by Createse » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 23:39

Hello, World!

I would like to know what you think would happen if you were to do nothing in X4: Foundations.

What would happen if you let the universe "play out" without player intervention.

Would economies collapse. Would the Xenon spread like wildfire. Would entire factions become extinct.

Feel free to include spoilers and/or reasoning why such-and-such may or may not happen.

Toshis8

Re: [Hypothetical] What would happen if you did nothing?

Post by Toshis8 » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 02:12

I remember reading somewhere (dont have the source) that, when developers did long simulations of the x4 galaxy, Xenon took over most of the sectors with only few sectors left "alive".

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 02:21

I would imagine it depends due to random factors and the game version. For example, my understanding is the Zyarth Patriarchy will have a hard time surviving without player intervention due to their weak economy, but 6.0 attempts to improve that. However in general I think the Xenon will probably snowball.

This kind of thing is popular with Paradox games like Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, but I think it would take longer to get a solid result in X4.

If you were to take you player an park them in a safe location (like a ship with plot invulnerability) and leave SETA on, after a day IRL you'll see 6 days worth of progress. I'm not sure if that's enough to observe significant changes or if you need longer. I wonder if there's a way to do that faster, or to run X4 in observer mode? :gruebel:
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 07:06

Why hypothetical? Set up a custom game where everyone likes you, give yourself a ship to fly around in, and go watch what happens.

Personally, I do suspect most of the commonwealth factions would disappear or be boxed into a few remaining systems by Xenon. Terran and Pioneers would probably be okay. Vigor and Riptide might survive too, because they do have that natural scrap field to draw resources from even if the Xenon wrecks turn out to be a net loss, and VIG are pretty lethal with so many ships compressed into such little space. One thing I am unsure of though is just how effectively they move wares from Avarice to the VIG stations. It often seems like the Rakers are producing enough but the Syndicate don't get the hull parts actually shipped out to them.

Of the commonwealth, I guess you'd probably see some of the Paranid left and some of the Teladi where they meet the Paranid. They seem to hold out better in games where I don't trade much than ARG/ANT or the Split.
***modified***

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 09:32

Here is a thread discussing the expansion/compression mechanic: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=449194

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”