Hostile Yaki Asteroids in Getsu Fune??

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bjhughes1963
x4

Hostile Yaki Asteroids in Getsu Fune??

Post by bjhughes1963 » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 20:46

Not sure if this is a bug but in 5.10 but I keep detecting Yaki "owned" asteroids in Getsu Fune. They are shown as hostile and are highly explosive if destroyed.

I finished the Yaki plot, which entailed destroying the amplifier and the Yaki base. I'm at -29 rep with them but I don't think there are many left anywhere. I recently got a rep lost warning from one of my ships attacking a Yaki ship near the Savage Spur II jump gate so there might be a few.

I created an alert to detect Yaki in any sector in the galaxy. When I reloaded the game I got a few alerts, some were from nav beacons in Getsu Fune and Savage Spur II. I destroyed those but I was still getting a few alerts. When I checked the locations, they were small asteroids in Getsu Fune.

I took a small ship, Gumption's Gambit, to the location and the asteroid showed up as hostile, although there were no weapons on it. I got within about 1 km and shot in until it exploded. The explosion too down the shield and about 2/3rds of my hull.

Weird, huh? Has anyone run into this before? It sounds deliberate and maybe a holdover from the other Yaki plotline, perhaps. I can only guess the explosions are intended to damage miners since the asteroids aren't fused for proximity.

The other odd thing is one of the Yaki nav beacons in Getsu Fune had a 100,000 MJ hull and produced a large explosion after I destroyed it. It naturally took a long time with a small ship.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Hostile Yaki Asteroids in Getsu Fune??

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 20:58

Sounds like the asteroids you would get in a 'destroy rigged asteroids' mission. As TER and YAK are enemies, it would be logical that a TER destroy mission would have YAK targets.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

bjhughes1963
x4

Post by bjhughes1963 » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 22:36

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 7. Mar 23, 20:58
Sounds like the asteroids you would get in a 'destroy rigged asteroids' mission. As TER and YAK are enemies, it would be logical that a TER destroy mission would have YAK targets.
Yeah, sounds logical. They aren't obvious, some other ship must pass by them which triggers the alert.

I also just got an alert that Yaki were discovered in Grand Exchange III but they aren't vanilla ships. They are a raiding party using the Ship Variation Expansion mod. A Bishamonten destroyer and 2 Kojin scout ships.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 12:59

i guess this are some funny fingerprints from egosoft :P
this "exploding " asteroids u can find in some other sectors too ....and yes they explode ...like a nuke bomb :)
the ones i found did not belong to anyone.. they had a red glow and was empty so i shot at it, was curious what kind of metall i get from it.. i just dynamically shit my pants... my ship got dmg ... hull critical .. the nearest station blew up totaly in a massive explosion.. a 2nd asteroid exploded , a 3rd one .. a 4th one and a 2nd station .. iam not sure but i think is was a hullfabric station .. and yeah my ship exploded too and i ended up in a spacesuit with -30 rep to argons :P

hahaha was funny but never occured again.. the exploding asteroids are still there. but cant convince them anymore to kill some stations it seems :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”