Xenon retreat

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Karesz74

Xenon retreat

Post by Karesz74 » Fri, 21. Oct 22, 11:05

I saw two times that a Xenon station was friendly, and drones dismantled, slowly dissapeared. How is it work? None of them were the last station in their sector.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Xenon retreat

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 21. Oct 22, 11:43

The Xenon have an overall asset cap and so when the AI decides that a Xenon station is ineffective, maybe through Xenon expansion well past it, or even if likely to be overrun soon through Xenon being forced to withdraw, that station can be made to disassemble so that another can be built elsewhere and be more effective. First it goes neutral so that pointless AI fleet attacks on it stop, and then it slowly dismantles.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Karesz74

Post by Karesz74 » Sat, 22. Oct 22, 09:30

Thank you. I wonder if what you mentioned "AI decides" is a working AI or a bunch of routines?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 22. Oct 22, 16:44

Karesz74 wrote:
Sat, 22. Oct 22, 09:30
a bunch of routines?
This.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 23. Oct 22, 08:11

It is an AI in that it does have logic that takes input and previous state to generate actions. However, it is likely not powered by a neural network, deep learning or any other technology that tries to mimic how brains work. Such technology might not be beneficial in this application as it would not only be a lot more resource intensive to run, but it would also be a lot more difficult to debug due to the nature of neural networks.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”