Erlking Blueprint locations [Spoilers]

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Metran

Erlking Blueprint locations [Spoilers]

Post by Metran » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 16:04

The blueprints for the Erlking's equipment are found in Datavaults scattered randomly(?) around the 6 sectors of the Windfall and Avarice. Here are some of the possible locations they may be found in:

Avarice I
Loc 1
Show
Approximately 75km north of sector center.
Avarice IV

Avarice V Dead End

Windfall I Union Summit

Windfall III The Hoard

Windfall IV Aurora's Dream
Loc 1
Show
Approximately 10-15km southeast of Black Hole Sun IV jump gate.
Loc 2
Show
Near the southeast edge of debris field, maybe a few km into the field.

If you'd like to add your own information, reply here in a similar fashion as I have or send the info in a private message and I'll add it to the list.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Erlking Blueprint locations [Spoilers]

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 16:14

The random in their appearance is not on the Systems/Sectors they appear but in their positions. they vary with every seed, which is a 10 digit number(!!!). Of course that means that there are many overlaping but one can never be sure, in contrast with "normal" datavaults that are static.

Metran

Post by Metran » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 16:33

the random location is pretty much the reason that I did not write which blueprint is in the 3 locations that I have found so far in my current run-through.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 19:07

The location are completely random. There are as good as infinite different locations for them to spawn at within the 6 sectors. It is improbable anyone using a different seed or activating the DLC at a different time will have them spawn in any of the same locations.

Metran

Post by Metran » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 22:49

Who knows, maybe the game likes to place them in certain areas of the sectors, so while it is random, there can be patterns.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 29. Sep 22, 00:10

I think the Spoilers Forum is a more appropriate place for this thread, even though it may not currently give exact information.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Incinerator
x4

Post by Incinerator » Wed, 5. Oct 22, 15:05

I used the erlking batch file to get the coordinates, each sector had a defence station near the middle of the sector in my game I used that as 0,0,0 then guesstimated approximate locations.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 12. Oct 22, 12:37

Anyone wanting to find out where they are in your own game, use the instructions in the following linked post ..

viewtopic.php?p=5116566#p5116566

Its a windows batch file, and does not make your game modified, it just finds the locations in your save file and gives results.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

PandRN
x4

Post by PandRN » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 12:25

Avarice I 350 km north from highway to Avarice IV
Avarice V 350 km south from highway
Windfall IV 35 km east from south gates to Black hole Sun
Windfall I 170 km north-west from north gates to Silent Witness

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 12:46

PandRN wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 12:25
Avarice I 350 km north from highway to Avarice IV
Avarice V 350 km south from highway
Windfall IV 35 km east from south gates to Black hole Sun
Windfall I 170 km north-west from north gates to Silent Witness
The data vaults are randomly placed when starting a new game. So your info is only useful for player playing your save.

PandRN
x4

Post by PandRN » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 13:07

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 12:46

The data vaults are randomly placed when starting a new game. So your info is only useful for player playing your save.
It's bad. Well, thanks anyway

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 16:09

I've been looking for the damned things for the last 2 or 3 months! Do I have to be physically there? The explore command found nothing to date, but I did find two of them manually (and very tediously...)
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 01:59

Gavrushka wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 16:09
I've been looking for the damned things for the last 2 or 3 months! Do I have to be physically there? The explore command found nothing to date, but I did find two of them manually (and very tediously...)
You don't need be physically in the sector. Just load ship full of advanced satellites and give it command to deploy them coordinated to each sector.
I found 2/5 with this way. 3 I spotted using either long range scanner or was just in the sector flying due mission / travel.
1 of those I spotted by myself was just in the cutover of 2 satellites coverage area so it wasn't visible in the map until I went there.

I would say these were more easy to find due them became visible from longer range while you fly than vanilla game timeline data vaults.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 09:22

BitByte wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 01:59
Gavrushka wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 16:09
You don't need be physically in the sector. Just load ship full of advanced satellites and give it command to deploy them coordinated to each sector.
I found 2/5 with this way. 3 I spotted using either long range scanner or was just in the sector flying due mission / travel.
1 of those I spotted by myself was just in the cutover of 2 satellites coverage area so it wasn't visible in the map until I went there.

I would say these were more easy to find due them became visible from longer range while you fly than vanilla game timeline data vaults.
Sounds like a better plan than the one I'm currently working. Thank you. - I've hazardous region mods on a few few ships, so will send them to spam adv satellite coverage, and hopefully come up with the remaining vaults. - Mind, I'm now quite comfortable churning out Asgard, so it's less of a pressure to acquire blueprints than it was.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 18:24

Gavrushka wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 09:22
Sounds like a better plan than the one I'm currently working. Thank you. - I've hazardous region mods on a few few ships, so will send them to spam adv satellite coverage, and hopefully come up with the remaining vaults. - Mind, I'm now quite comfortable churning out Asgard, so it's less of a pressure to acquire blueprints than it was.
L-size ships survive from tide without any mods. And even if you would use S/M size they will evade when 1st warning comes.
Modified Pegasus Vanguard (14+km/s) will do job quite fast.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 23:46

Thanks for the Advanced satellite suggestion. Now found another two data vaults, making four. I think that leaves just one more for the full set. Woohoo! :)

Metran

Post by Metran » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 10:05

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 12:46
The data vaults are randomly placed when starting a new game.
Even if the data vaults are randomly spawned. It can be useful to have some idea of where to start looking. I've done multiple game start where at least one data vault have spawned in Windfall IV near the Jump Gate to Blac khole Sun IV.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 23:01

Well, they are or hidden outside the plane or simply not there, I covered all the 6 named sectors with adv. satellites and only one had a blueprint and another was empty, althoug not all the door opened. (this happened way before the existence of any DLC) so ...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 7. Mar 24, 00:41

@ Mr.Killer, well if you are convinced you have a problem with the BPs then there is a whole thread in this forum with ways to check it out without affecting your game or save status. Example.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 10:48

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 7. Mar 24, 00:41
@ Mr.Killer, well if you are convinced you have a problem with the BPs then there is a whole thread in this forum with ways to check it out without affecting your game or save status. Example.
Thanks for telling, Now I shall enlarge my search. I assumed the datavaults were inside the advanced satellites view, but I did not search beyond. So, that is what I'm about to do now.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”