A Lucrative Opportunity ( Spoilers )

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NewtSoup
x4

A Lucrative Opportunity ( Spoilers )

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 03:47

I was just offered a mission that gave me access to the black market ( at least at one station )

The mission giver asked for 4 AG Heuristic cores.
Spoiler
Show
I landed at the station, went to the bar, saw that the guy there was the mission giver. Saw that he had 9 of what I wanted for sale so I bought them off him and turned them in for the bonus prices. So basically he just gave me money and access to the black market.
Is this normal or was I just really lucky?
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: A Lucrative Opportunity ( Spoilers )

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 10:36

You were lucky in the sense that in this case the devs did not appear to think to include a check making sure that the dealer had no such mission items for sale.

That said, it is unusual for you to be able to buy stuff from the dealer in the bar before concluding the mission that first unlocks the bar. Are you sure you had not somehow already unlocked the bar?
I have also noticed that new shady missions for the same station as one completed before create a second bar even if there is already one open there.

PS: You don't need spoiler tags in the Spoilers forum. Spoiler information is always assumed present here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 13:23

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 10:36
You were lucky in the sense that in this case the devs did not appear to think to include a check making sure that the dealer had no such mission items for sale.

That said, it is unusual for you to be able to buy stuff from the dealer in the bar before concluding the mission that first unlocks the bar. Are you sure you had not somehow already unlocked the bar?
I have also noticed that new shady missions for the same station as one completed before create a second bar even if there is already one open there.

PS: You don't need spoiler tags in the Spoilers forum. Spoiler information is always assumed present here.
The only other missions I had done were for Boso Ta.
That NPC was my mission giver so I wonder if he alone was unlocked to me so that I would be able to turn in and the ability to trade was due to that unlocking.

The mission text said something like "My runner failed, I need you to fetch some stuff from my supplier". So I assumed it was a fetch and carry mission.
Then when I accepted I saw that I had no guidance as to where to find these cores.

Had the mission giver not had them for sale how was I supposed to find 4 of them in an hour? Is that just the time limit for the bonus reward?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Jul 22, 10:13

NewtSoup wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 13:23
Had the mission giver not had them for sale how was I supposed to find 4 of them in an hour? Is that just the time limit for the bonus reward?
Destroyed ships tend to drop inventory items. However, that is all random (except some items drop only from certain ship types).

If you don't deliver in time, then you fail the mission.

I tend to check my inventory before I accept a mission. If I already have the items, then I accept the mission. Otherwise, I pass.

(For that reason Guild missions are IMHO infuriating: one has to accept a chain before seeing the details.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Thu, 14. Jul 22, 14:18

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 14. Jul 22, 10:13
NewtSoup wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 13:23
Destroyed ships tend to drop inventory items. However, that is all random (except some items drop only from certain ship types).

If you don't deliver in time, then you fail the mission.

I tend to check my inventory before I accept a mission. If I already have the items, then I accept the mission. Otherwise, I pass.

(For that reason Guild missions are IMHO infuriating: one has to accept a chain before seeing the details.)
I am not sure in this instance that I could have checked my inventory. It was from one of the sparkly things on the station hull and I did see if I could just close the dialoge without accepting or declining but I could not see a way.

Now I just need to find that black marketeer again.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Jul 22, 16:55

All the signal leaks are not black marketeers. Marketeers spawn randomly. I'd presume that it will vanish if the mission fails -- will not "establish a shop".

Station icon (at least used to) has a hat when the station has black marketeer.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”