Lore gurus assemble! The morals and ethics of the Paranid plot mission decisions.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nulric
x4

Lore gurus assemble! The morals and ethics of the Paranid plot mission decisions.

Post by Nulric » Mon, 9. May 22, 23:16

So here's an unusual one for you all! I find myself torn between gameplay, and roleplay.

In this run through, I would really like to either, 1) set the Paranid against each other during the civil war plot, or 2) unite them and set them to war against the gate network (less preferable for me). I'm going off memory for what happens in the plot (previous play through), so I may have some basics wrong, in which case feel free to correct the record for me.

The rub here for me is, from a roleplay standpoint, on the surface of it I don't like the idea of setting them at each others' throats (or especially the unsuspecting rest of the gate network). So! Help me delude myself! Help me understand the issues here in the Paranid as a group, and how perhaps a three way civil war isn't a bad thing for them.

My first thought is, really, the Paranid need to work out their issues themselves. Let them settle, through war or negotiations, their own problems. The weakness in that is, by definition, the Paranid plot chain missions consist of your character meddling in Paranid affairs, rather than leaving them alone to sort their problems. Either you help them settle those issues, or you, in a way, worsen them. Regardless, you are interfering.

On the other hand, even with a bit of interference, you can argue that said interference is being originated with a faction of Paranid (sort of...I remember this being instigated by yet another outsider, "on behalf" of the Duke). With that said, outside interference or not, it does seem to be in the Paranid character to react violently to things departing their specific vision of religion and hierarchy. So, even if outsiders have brought information or additional power-seekers into the mix, perhaps that's okay, as it is for the Paranid to reconcile the new developments, and sort the issues out, Paranid-style.

So what do you all say? How can I be indifferent to their internal wars while churning out ship after ship to fuel the....ahem...internal realignment (and the rest of the gate network's needs)?
Last edited by Nulric on Mon, 9. May 22, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

darkstar12
x4

Re: Lore gurus assemble! The morals and ethics of the Paranid plot mission decisions.

Post by darkstar12 » Mon, 9. May 22, 23:36

How I see it is the Paranid love the Holy Trinity of 3 eyes and so forth. Having three Paranid factions makes more sense to me. Oh and if you Unite HOP/PAR into TRI they wont go to war with anyone unless you manipulate them into it with some dal busta assistance.
And so it Begins.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”