XENON Capital Ship Instant Kill

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HiredGun_82
x4

XENON Capital Ship Instant Kill

Post by HiredGun_82 » Thu, 5. May 22, 13:57

Hello,
for everyone who poses a problem for large xenon ships...
- I've lost a few destroyers to these myself...and started experimenting:

The trick costs about 8 million
First, a fast M-class ship, I recommend the Terran Katana with Travel Drive MK3 and Shields MK3. (about 7 million)
Now call the Ship "U.S.S. Suicide" ;)
Then 100 mines ;) (about 1 mill)
Now you fly into the sector where the capital ship is.
Now take command yourself, fly towards this ship at full speed and so that you would miss it by a hair's breadth. (about speed 6000+)
Exactly when you're really tight now, press PAUSE.
Now comfortably unload all 100 mines ;) muhahahah
Align the camera nicely and then press PAUSE again. You will be thrown away with 6000+ speed, but you will survive the whole thing... not the XENON. BOOM :lol:

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Re: XENON Capital Ship Instant Kill

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Thu, 5. May 22, 14:05

haha, nice idea :)
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Thu, 5. May 22, 14:21

You don't actually need 100 mines, if you're really good, you can take it down with just 20. I've used this method before to deal with pesky K's while I still only had a Katana. Plus using only 20 allows you to carry satellites.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 6. May 22, 18:23

Tranxalive wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 14:21
... deal with pesky K's while I still only had a Katana.
"Only"? Do you mean that Katana can't gun down a K?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Sun, 8. May 22, 15:47

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 18:23
Tranxalive wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 14:21
... deal with pesky K's while I still only had a Katana.
"Only"? Do you mean that Katana can't gun down a K?
It can, if you're piloting it yourself. With the right weapons. And it takes a while.
In AI hands though? No way. It'll get immolated by a graviton turret before it does more than scratch the shields because the AI loves to do the "stop and turn" thing in range of anti-capital weapons when flying M class ships.

Though 5 heavy fighters with blast mortars kill a K with no trouble (when you're IS at least, OOS is more iffy), so there's no reason to risk blowing up an 8 mil ship for it or give yourself carpal tunnel deploying 100 mines one by one.

thijso

Post by thijso » Sun, 8. May 22, 17:53

It's actually quite easy to disable a (lone!) K or even an I with just a small ship like the Balaur. Equip it with 2 thermal guns and some bolt repeaters or neutron gatlings. Then fly at the K or I at speed, preferably from the top. It takes some practice, but it's actually quite easy to get so close to it that it's unable to hit you with their turrets. Once you're in their dead zone fly close to the surface and shoot off the engines first so it can't move, then just kill all the turrets one by one. Then the shields and then you can (slowly) kill it's hull.

Off course, this can only be done with lone K's or I's, otherwise you'll get roasted by it's buddies. But I've managed to kill off a few like this. Takes time, but it's quite satisfying once it goes big boom. Make sure to be away from it before that happens though, or you'll join it...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”