Paranid plot ‘Negotiate the Maze’ (spoilers)

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baggins46

Paranid plot ‘Negotiate the Maze’ (spoilers)

Post by Baggins46 » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 08:38

I have entered the Apotheosis, found the tunnels with the doors at the end, shot the green buttons with my suit laser, when I shot the last one I was catapulted to the entrance of the tunnel with all the lightening and all the 4 segments of the door are open. What now? I can’t find my way back into the maze.

DanKara
x4

Re: Paranid plot ‘Negotiate the Maze’ (spoilers)

Post by DanKara » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 09:57

Think, you can teleport back to your ship for a restart at any time.

Within the Apostheosis you have to find 2 rooms with an central/shielded tube aswell as a room with som cocoons (doubly check the entrance wall).
the maze (or what I remember)
Show
After you found the first shielded tube you enter the maze. You enter from 'above' into a 4-way-crossroad(?) with switches in 2(?) dead ends. One way leads you into a long corridor. I think the second branch 'upward' will bring you to the second shielded tube and the cocoons afterwards. To open the shields on the tubes you have to do the switches in the cocoon room.
I also may competely wrong here as it been a long time since I have done this.

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 10:11

If I want to leave this for a while, can I set it to inactive, go and do something else then set to active and start at the point I left without losing anything I did in the meantime.?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 11:43

Baggins46 wrote:
Sun, 3. Apr 22, 10:11
If I want to leave this for a while, can I set it to inactive, go and do something else then set to active and start at the point I left without losing anything I did in the meantime.?
I am not sure, but I would say it is quite likely it remembers the state you let it in. In any case even if it does reset to initial condition it is only 5-10 minutes to solve again. You just need to check the walls of the tubes you fly through to find the branches with the switches needed to progress.

XIII8
x3

Post by XIII8 » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 13:21

I was confused as well. First I did all 4 switches, then flew into the shield and acutally managed to clip through it, but couldnt go back.

In reality, there were actually 5 switches. 4 for the clamps and then the last to actually disable the shields. Its a very strange decision to do it like that.

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 19:30

Ok, I have opened all the 'doors' and now have the instruction 'destroy secure clamps' which are highlighted , but whichever way I move toward them it appears I have to travel through solid walls. I am totally lost now, are the clamps in the tunnels, on the outside of the structure or what?!

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Mon, 4. Apr 22, 10:41

Well I finally managed it. Things got confusing in the first place because when I had opened all the doors I was running out of O2 and transported back to my ship for a top up. Then I couldn't find the tunnel entrance again and it was very confusing when the highlighted targets were only 25m away and I was facing a solid wall, but of course they were in the room on the other side of the wall, I just needed needed to find the right tunnel. Still I got there in the end.
Thanks to all who gave assistance.

drewcdavis

Post by drewcdavis » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 19:53

I got so fed up and frustrated trying to find it.. I ended up shoving the nose of my ship up against the glass on the outside and firing flack cannons at it.. the blasts picked them off 1 by 1 😉

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 22:27

Being a spoiler, and labeled as such, it should be in the appropriate forum. Over we go.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”