ABOUT THE new plots

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

ABOUT THE new plots

Post by palm911 » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:52

they are brilliantly designed. how they affect the outcome, and relationships, this missions are actually the best missions i have seen from egosoft, look forward for more!

the capacity to mix and match different scenarios, really really incredibly well done!
X gamer , one at a time.

raUlo
x4

Re: ABOUT THE new plots

Post by raUlo » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 21:59

palm911 wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:52
they are brilliantly designed
I do agree with you.

However, the outcome of the plot is totally not what I expected and now the Yaki are, for all intents and purposes, dead. Their Pirate Base is still in one piece, but they are not trying to construct stations or at least offer missions for the player to do so (like HAT/SCA do). I don't see the point in creating that really interesting story about them and giving them unique ships if you're not able to interact with them in the end, even if you choose to stay on their side

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:02

raUlo wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 21:59
palm911 wrote:
I do agree with you.

However, the outcome of the plot is totally not what I expected and now the Yaki are, for all intents and purposes, dead. Their Pirate Base is still in one piece, but they are not trying to construct stations or at least offer missions for the player to do so (like HAT/SCA do). I don't see the point in creating that really interesting story about them and giving them unique ships if you're not able to interact with them in the end, even if you choose to stay on their side
i dont know how further away are you in your plots, i am guessing
consequences of your choices? the order of how you did your quests? , mine seem alive, and now i am cleaning the sectors from xenon so yaki stablish it self as a faction, (apparently they will leave piracy). at least thats the goal now.
Last edited by palm911 on Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
X gamer , one at a time.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:24

palm911 wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:02
raUlo wrote:
palm911 wrote:
I do agree with you.

consequences of your choices, mine is alive, and now i am cleaning the sectors from xenon so yaki stablish it self as a faction, (apparently they will leave piracy). at least thats the goal now.
Please do let me know how it goes. I went the same path by clearing the Xenon. At the end, the mission was completed and that was it. And now everything is as I described earlier. I also posted this as a bug report but got no answer, as it doesn't make any sense to me

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:37

raUlo wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:24
palm911 wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:02
raUlo wrote:

I do agree with you.

consequences of your choices, mine is alive, and now i am cleaning the sectors from xenon so yaki stablish it self as a faction, (apparently they will leave piracy). at least thats the goal now.
Please do let me know how it goes. I went the same path by clearing the Xenon. At the end, the mission was completed and that was it. And now everything is as I described earlier. I also posted this as a bug report but got no answer, as it doesn't make any sense to me
i am not that far away, if that is the case i am sure, they will get some love :)
X gamer , one at a time.

JodMcJod

Post by JodMcJod » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 14:20

Did anything happen for you? I cleared out the Xenon and Terran factions from Tharka and the rest of those sectors before destroying the Amplifier and no new quest has shown up for me nor has anything changed with the base after I destroyed the Amp. I also haven't done the Hatikvah questline yet, so that could be blocking it but I am too lazy to complete that one.

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 14:44

Dal is the one that gives you the quest for clearing out the Yaki's Xenon problem. So if he's not squatting on your HQ, you can't get the quest.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

JodMcJod

Post by JodMcJod » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 15:21

Tanall wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 14:44
Dal is the one that gives you the quest for clearing out the Yaki's Xenon problem. So if he's not squatting on your HQ, you can't get the quest.
Oh. Good to know, thanks. Guess I will have to grit my teeth and do the Hatikvah plot. Never done it even on my old save, something seems off about these guys.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 18:22

JodMcJod wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 15:21
Tanall wrote:
Oh. Good to know, thanks. Guess I will have to grit my teeth and do the Hatikvah plot. Never done it even on my old save, something seems off about these guys.
What's annoying is he then keeps pestering you to do the Split/Paranid plots.
Doubly worse back then because of a comms bug which can softlock your game.

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 19:02

JodMcJod wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 15:21
Tanall wrote:
The entire purpose of Dal's missions is to give you the ability to affect the level of conflict in the universe. For the Split, you either end up with Zyarth strengthened and an even greater threat to the Argons, or you end up with the patriarch replaced with a much weaker one offset by the Free families. For the Paranid, you either unify them into one faction, or add a third player to the mix that has them squabbling even more amongst themselves. And for the Terran-Argon relations you can either maintain the status quo, increase Terran isolationism, or spark an all out war.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”