Yaki Base Destroyed

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Draggonslayer
x4

Yaki Base Destroyed

Post by Draggonslayer » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 03:19

Hi,
During the campaign, an Asgard-class ship(Terran Protectorate) with Yaki and Xeno bases arrived in the "Savage Spur I" sector and destroyed Yaki's base. He wrote me a long list of "Mission Failures" and now I can't travel through any campaigns. Any solution or do I have to start again?
Did it happen to anyone?
I assume the Yaki base will not be restored.
:(

LandogarX4
x4

Re: Yaki Base Destroyed

Post by LandogarX4 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 06:18

The Yaki base in my game has also been destroyed, before I progressed through the Yaki-related plot. Hopefully a hotfix will restore the Yaki base and make it unkillable until the plot is finished.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 06:54

It should be protected by code.
I hope they fix it.
I had to move Heaven and Earth to save them this playthru.
I do things My Way :twisted:

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 10:44

There's an emergency Yaki base that gets spawned when you arrive at the last mission after the Wharf is already gone. If the base gets destroyed during the last mission, it's accepted, because one of the objectives wants you to do that.

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 15:55

Gimbutz wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 10:44
There's an emergency Yaki base that gets spawned when you arrive at the last mission after the Wharf is already gone. If the base gets destroyed during the last mission, it's accepted, because one of the objectives wants you to do that.
In my game it was destroyed AFTER I saved them (edit: read completed their "save from Xenon" mission). I suppose they’re gone for good? There’s no way they could be "saved" by being enemies with so many factions, even if you complete their plot.

VladWard
x4

Post by VladWard » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 19:32

Hi. I recently completed the Yaki plot on a branch that made all factions happy. I'm now allied with the Yaki (+22 Rep), but I'm watching on the map as the Yaki base is getting wiped out by the Xenon.

If I haven't purchased the blueprints for the Yaki ships, am I going to be blocked from getting those in this save? Do the Yaki have any comeback mechanic after the plot is complete or are they just gone?

I love that the plot gave me all the tools I'd need to complete it without late-game levels of financial infrastructure, but when the Syn I received is the strongest ship in my arsenal by a longshot I really can't fight through 4 Xenon sectors to save these guys.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 09:53

VladWard wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 19:32
Hi. I recently completed the Yaki plot on a branch that made all factions happy. I'm now allied with the Yaki (+22 Rep), but I'm watching on the map as the Yaki base is getting wiped out by the Xenon.

If I haven't purchased the blueprints for the Yaki ships, am I going to be blocked from getting those in this save? Do the Yaki have any comeback mechanic after the plot is complete or are they just gone?

I love that the plot gave me all the tools I'd need to complete it without late-game levels of financial infrastructure, but when the Syn I received is the strongest ship in my arsenal by a longshot I really can't fight through 4 Xenon sectors to save these guys.
Yeah, same for me.. Not sure I saw any point where it would be destroyed. The Asgard remained in Matrix 79B the whole time trying to kill the Xenon shipyard so it never bothered the Yaki base. Eventually it made it into the system after the amplifier was destroyed but it never bother the Yaki base.

spaps
x4

Post by spaps » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 01:10

I hope there's some way they'll make a comeback. I did their storyline pretty early and they were wiped out well before I could have done anything about the Xenon bases nearby to make things "safe" as part of the one mission.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 16:48

I haven't actually checked. The quest suddenly resolved - I guess Asgard did on its own - I had to draw back when the drones overwhelmed my ship. Since then I haven'tz made the whole tour again from Asteroid Base, but a Yaki corvette spawned like next to me at some point - I guess as an outcome reward. Had to dig logbook to see what happened.

JodMcJod

Post by JodMcJod » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 14:55

It was possible to save them in 4.0 on a new save, but took a while. As soon as Fate of the Yaki started an Asgard appeared in Spur I so I had to destroy it with the Geometric Owl with the help of that Yaki wing that gets forcefully assigned to you(hated that btw, most of them kamikazed into the Asgard and were generally as much of a nuisance as the Terrans - either make them unkillable like their commander that retreats to repair or make an option to tell them to retreat to base)

So, to kill the Asgard on a new save where you have the Owl and not much else - you head for the unprotected engines(Asgard has a blindspot there), take them out and then take out the 4 shield modules with your burst rays by carefully popping up from cover before the beam turrets turn at you. After that it's a waiting game for it to finally die. Make sure there are some Xenon around to distarct the Asgard and, more importantly, keep your Yaki cover to avoid losing rep with TER. Took me about an hour, can take less if you have SETA by that time. That takes care of most of the Terran threat.

After destroying the Asgard I immediately reported back to the Terrans that Yaki are not a threat. To take out the Xenon wharf and shipyard that are right near the Yaki station with the Syn that is given to you you need a lot of weapon chambers and 8 large plasma turrets, basically. 8 L plasma with modifications that give them +80% or more fire rate is enough to solo any Xenon station in about half an hour if you manage to make them all fire on the station and ignore other enemies. You can try to take out the defense drones, M and P with your Owl, but by then I had a Katana with 4 lasers and shields good enough to withstand a few hits. Having M ARG Flak turrets on the Syn also helped a lot, M laser turrets might also be a good idea against drones.

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 15:42

It was possible to save them yes. But even after doing all their quests they were wiped out by the Split (they were invading the sector).

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 18:04

I saved them, but while I'm wiping out the Xenons, I'm also need to face a Terran fleet and an Antigone Fleet to save the Yaki Shipyard. Also need to claim the ownership of Savage Spur II that have been previously conquered by the Antigone, and Tharka's Cascade XV that was under attack of the Zyarth to keep the Yaki safe from further attacks.

As a good side, Savage Spur II is rich in resources, and I boarded the Asgard and one of the Osakas of the Terran Fleet.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”