Controlling Xenon sectors

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cobra117
x4

Controlling Xenon sectors

Post by Cobra117 » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 20:45

I just took over Matrix 9, wiped out all Xenon stations, and I consider building a shipyard there.
Xenon stations keep spawning here and there. Will they eventually leave the system, or will they respawn all the time ?

jlehtone
x4

Re: Controlling Xenon sectors

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 21:09

They should run out of resources eventually. Is one of the two neighbours of X9 still in Xenon control? If yes, then they can try longer.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 14:00

From my experience its basically what jlehtone said. Just make sure to kick them out of their sectors and either you or another faction should claim the sectors. Some seem to be easier to take than others. Like Matrix #9 and Matrix #451 are very isolated so you can just go in there and smash their stuff and claim the sectors and they won't come back.

That being said, I just finished taking all the xenon sectors as they took over most of the north in my game. Now I noticed they just keep spawning a shipyard and wharf in Open Market or Family Nhuut. Just the plot for it, not the actual completed stations. Since the AI factions seemingly don't care about Xenon taking their space they don't react to these plots and wont attack them (this alone explains why Xenon run rampant in a lot of peoples games). I have to keep an eye out. I havent seen any Xenon in quite some time but they keep magically spawning these station plots. But also I have never seen any Xenon bringing resources to these stations (or any Xenon at all after I the final sector was cleared) but I have to assume they are enroute or there wouldnt be much point in just spawning a plot for the lols.

Not sure how to stop this from happening as it doesn't take resources to spawn a plot.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 09:13

Cobra117 wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 20:45
I just took over Matrix 9, wiped out all Xenon stations, and I consider building a shipyard there.
Xenon stations keep spawning here and there. Will they eventually leave the system, or will they respawn all the time ?
If they have adjacent sector, then yes, as any other faction they will try to establish a "Defense Platform" in a hostile or neutral sector.
Sinxar wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 14:00
That being said, I just finished taking all the xenon sectors as they took over most of the north in my game. Now I noticed they just keep spawning a shipyard and wharf in Open Market or Family Nhuut. Just the plot for it, not the actual completed stations. Since the AI factions seemingly don't care about Xenon taking their space they don't react to these plots and wont attack them (this alone explains why Xenon run rampant in a lot of peoples games). I have to keep an eye out. I havent seen any Xenon in quite some time but they keep magically spawning these station plots. But also I have never seen any Xenon bringing resources to these stations (or any Xenon at all after I the final sector was cleared) but I have to assume they are enroute or there wouldnt be much point in just spawning a plot for the lols.

Not sure how to stop this from happening as it doesn't take resources to spawn a plot.
If you wiped out every Xenon sector (including all stations within), then I have bad news for you: this is "gg" for Xenon for good. Contrary to popular belief, PAR will not trade with Xenon and even if they have a few S ships left, without "Solar Power Plants" there is no way for them to get ECs anymore. :(
Unfortunately, the game was not programmed with victory/defeat conditions for NPC factions, so AI does not know when to throw in the towel and will keep allocating build plots without any means to actually build.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 06:05

Not bad news at all! Wiping them out was def my intention!

Might have some more to clear in CoH though.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 12:40

Sinxar wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 06:05
Not bad news at all! Wiping them out was def my intention!
If Xenon are gone, then you can't blame/frame them for all the bad things that happen in the X-Universe. :P
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 13. Mar 21, 01:01

If someone wiped out my faction, id still buy and place plots... a little F you for wiping my peeps out. Come waste some time!

Cobra117
x4

Post by Cobra117 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 23:05

jlehtone got it right. After numerous attemps to build new stations, Xenons finaly gave up. The sector is clean now !

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”