Paranid Monument

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Turmfalke2

Paranid Monument

Post by Turmfalke2 » Thu, 10. Sep 20, 22:56

hi,
I just played the mission with maze in the Paranid monument and I am utterly confused.
I think I am offered the choice between helping them to unite or ensuring the war continues. Since I am selfish I decided to blow up the monument and placed a bomb on the pipe with glowing stuff.
After leaving the woman (Grid?) is pissed at me and fly away. Some Paranids are trying to kill the peace diplomat and I am supposed to protect him, but none of them are red to me and isn't it in my interest that he dies?
Was I supposed to blow up the monument with me still inside? I can't go back because the game automatically overwrote the safe game.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Paranid Monument

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 05:33

You should have also shot the locks in the cocoons and landed upon exit to her ship. Else they option to unite Paranid is the one remaining.

Just be careful which side you shoot at. Just try to protect the ship. Then Grid will appear (as hostile) and you'll have to take out her ship too but the rest of the Paranid will help.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 11:20

Yea, i was stuck on this part for hours. I did not realize that the colum with the sparkly light was NOT protected by glass (which I thought was what i was supposed to blow up) but a force field/shield.

In order to turn the shield off and make the columns bombable, you have to go into the room where you blew up the Paranid cocoons/"eggs". When you are in this room, look left and right of the room exit door, there are two switches (i think marked with green or red lights) that you need to turn off. Once you turned both switches off, return to the large rooms with the columns, which have their shield turned off and you can now place the bombs on them.

Once you have done that and fly out, the station will blow up.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 18:12

Where is the " Paranid cocoons " and how do you get there ?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”