Paranid story mission plot stopper: Where is that toolbox?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zalon
x3tc

Paranid story mission plot stopper: Where is that toolbox?

Post by zalon » Wed, 20. May 20, 15:10

Hi,

I am following the Paranid story line and just came to the point where I docked my vessel to talk to the "Lieutenant".
I was told to pick up a toolbox at the hangar. I searched the whole hangar but there is none? The waypoint indicator is also not showing up, so I have no clue where else to look.

I already reloaded & restarted the whole mission a couple of times but no toolbox. What can I do now? Where is that thing I am supposed to pick up?

Thanks!

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Paranid story mission plot stopper: Where is that toolbox?

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 20. May 20, 19:15

The "find a package" type of mission happens twice in that story line.
I had the same issue the second time. Reloaded, still had the issue.
Then I waited 5 minutes, went back to the bridge (second instance in on a ship), then back to the docks and the package eventually spawned. (Took a few minutes, maybe 4-5)

So maybe it's just a matter of waiting for a bit?

Sorry I don't have anything more solid. It's been reported at other places on the forum, though.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Thu, 21. May 20, 00:02

Hey, thanks for the feedback. The dock area on that frigate is rather small, so we're giving you a minute to look for the toolbox on your own. It should be there from the start, and you should get guidance after a while if you can't find it. If that doesn't happen, please upload your save and we'll check it out.

zalon
x3tc

Post by zalon » Thu, 21. May 20, 11:17

Thanks, your messages were very helpful.
I reloaded the mission and this time I found the box. Actually I found it even before getting guidance from the game.

Now I am wondering, during the previous find-mission on the station, did the waypoint indicator not appear from the very beginning? I could be wrong but I thought I had the yellow line guiding me from the docked vessel towards the package. Not having the indicator this time threw me off and obviously I did not look hard enough.

Anway, I now got the package. Thank you!

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Thu, 21. May 20, 22:59

On larger dock areas, there are so many potential spots for these boxes that it would take a very long time to find them without guidance, so we usually enable it from the start. You're right; not getting guidance this time around, even if it's possible to find the box on your own, can be confusing at first. We'll keep that in mind for future missions.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”