Losing HAT rep while following HAT orders

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Losing HAT rep while following HAT orders

Post by Scoob » Sun, 17. May 20, 17:50

Hi,

So, I just did a mission for HAT to destroyed some rogue Drones. These were HAT Drones I was tasked to destroy and, as expected, I took quite a large rep hit for killing them. I assumed that this rep would be restored as the game had taken it away once the mission was done, but nope.

My standing with HAT was fairly high now it's fairly low - just for killing three Drones as ordered. This sounds like a bug to me and the impact could easily have been harder, depending on your current standing and whether other, local, HAT assets become aggro'd by this.

It would be nice if the game just set these Drones as generic enemy, to avoid this silly rep hit.

Did others notice this during this mission? I'm on v3.2 Beta currently.

Scoob.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Losing HAT rep while following HAT orders

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 17. May 20, 18:43

My video series shows me doing the mission. I do not recall losing reputation for it.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Sun, 17. May 20, 20:06

I dont think i got a rep hit when i destroyed those in 3.1

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 19. May 20, 12:29

me neither, didn't get any rep hit, but I didn't get any rep gain by doing the plot either.. waste of time if not for the following plots chained to it...

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 19. May 20, 13:53

Yeah the HAT plot by it self was a bit of
"why did i even do that?" and "thats it?"

It really could use some beefing up. Also i am not sure why Dal is considered an expert on his field. In the HAT plot is predictions fell so flat that you could think he is working for the other side...

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 19. May 20, 14:17

chip56 wrote:
Tue, 19. May 20, 13:53

It really could use some beefing up. Also i am not sure why Dal is considered an expert on his field. In the HAT plot is predictions fell so flat that you could think he is working for the other side...
He's an expert on his field, but his field is "looking like an expert".

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 19. May 20, 20:59

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 19. May 20, 14:17
yeah that sounds right. I was seriously expecting that he is actually working for SCA in the HAT plot...

Derp

Post by Derp » Wed, 20. May 20, 05:43

I had the rep hit as well. Took me from +8 to -3, iirc. Can the drones get changed to "Criminal?"

Dal's plan would have worked if the HAT rep had gone in person instead of sending you. Of course, it's still his fault for failing to sufficiently stress that last bit.

My only problem with the HAT plot is the in-person dialogs. This is a bad, bad, terrible, horrible, no good idea. Much bigger dev studios pump much more money than Egosoft will ever get close to just trying to make conversations appear natural and they still fail at it. It'll just suck down whatever effort they're willing to put in. Isn't "of course this rank comes with great benefits" a good enough lesson?

jimmybobkins
x4

Post by jimmybobkins » Sat, 30. May 20, 00:16

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 19. May 20, 14:17
chip56 wrote:
Tue, 19. May 20, 13:53

It is stressed by not only Dal, but Reen herself several times during the plot that it is critical that Dal's Instructions are followed exactly. Reen did not follow his instructions of meeting with the scale plate in person and sends you to do it instead. That is why negotiations deteriorated, things got ugly, and Dal needed a new partner.

I find these missions as an easy cap a few teladi fighters in the data leak mission, and a relatively easy to board Pelican Sentinel in the bombing mission that can all be done without rep hits (the ship spawns as you approach the station, if you save before you reach the station, you can have the defending crew randomly respawn to something easier if there are too many vets defending). Extra bonus if you can get a random secret signal source mission from a station from the SCA or HAT to board any Pelican Sentinel. It's extra funny when you get paid over a million credits by the SCA to steal their own ship.

PS. Also never had a problem taking a rep hit for killing the drones - wonder if they were near a station? if that makes a difference?

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sat, 30. May 20, 02:52

Just did this quest today, no rep hit.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”