Some things i could never figure out

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Seon
x4

Some things i could never figure out

Post by Seon » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 03:34

There are two things I've been trying to figure out, that I've never been too sure on.

One, is with the Argon. Does anyone know what the 'Argon Secret Service' membership actually does?

The other being, when you rank up to like 10 in a faction and go to the rep to get it, they talk something about "Groups under our jurisdiction will be eager for you to join", or at least something very similar to this. What is it they mean by that? I've not noticed anything different. Is it just meaningless words, or is there actually something to them?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Some things i could never figure out

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 04:28

Seon wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 03:34
One, is with the Argon. Does anyone know what the 'Argon Secret Service' membership actually does?
I think it allows some mission types to appear at stations.
Seon wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 03:34
The other being, when you rank up to like 10 in a faction and go to the rep to get it, they talk something about "Groups under our jurisdiction will be eager for you to join", or at least something very similar to this. What is it they mean by that? I've not noticed anything different. Is it just meaningless words, or is there actually something to them?
It means that various guilds such as trade guilds, military guilds and the like will let you join them.

The feature was clearly intended for more but currently there are usually 1-3 guilds per faction and some factions like MIN, ALI and HAT do not have guilds to join despite saying similar dialog.

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 06:54

Ah. Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I've ever encountered the trade guild, and I'm assuming the 'military guilds' are the whole thing that's like '<Faction> VS <Faction>', Ex Argon VS Xenon, and Argon VS Holy Order?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 11:30

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 04:28
It means that various guilds such as trade guilds, military guilds and the like will let you join them.
I'm pretty sure that you can join guilds even if you don't have the +10 reputation.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 20:05

radcapricorn wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 11:30
Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 04:28
I'm pretty sure that you can join guilds even if you don't have the +10 reputation.
What guilds? I’m not sure if I’ve joined these. Anybody have a screenshot? Thanks!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 20:37

tomchk wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 20:05
What guilds? I’m not sure if I’ve joined these. Anybody have a screenshot? Thanks!
When you first dock at a guild station, you should get a message from guild representative, and mission guidance. You can then walk to them and join their guild for 50-80 thousand credits. After that they will start offering guild missions.

Teladi trading guild - Teladi trading station in Ianamus Zura.
Antigone - Eq. Dock in Antigone Memorial.
Scale Plate Pact - pirate base in Hewa's Twin.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 21:11

Okay, I've joined at least 2 of those, thanks.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”