Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shealladh
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by shealladh » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 20:18

foxxbl wrote:
Fri, 18. Jan 19, 15:19
darrund wrote:
Thu, 17. Jan 19, 14:23
Am I the only one feeling that something is missing here as well?
All the ships that we "find",unlike X3 for instance, are nothing more than comon variants and to add to that in some cases you just need to spend quite some time to get them (clearing mines around them or look for them forever travelling through empty space for half an hour or so).In some cases its better to go and buy them since its no big deal (for instance i never went for that courier since there is nothing in spending so much time for it).
I understand that x-games in general are all about micromanaging things and spend time in them but it has to have some purpose or significance otherwise its just a waste of time and and can get really boring.
pretty much the same with other aspects of the game like having to individually talk to say 100+ marines to move from 1 ship to another and spend hours doing nothing other than clicking stupid orders and hear the same "dialogue" over and over again.
I even stopped looking for derelict ships anymore since I can easily buy everything I need from shipyards and the amount of credits a player can earn on factories is simply capable of buying whatever you need.
I honestly believe that at least some of these ships should be "special" or "unique" but not necessarily superior for it to have a purpose or a meaning.
While I agree that after a little while, you can afford all these ships easily (well, maybe except Odysseus), but they come really handy at the fresh start, if you choose to "spoil yourself" :) by acquiring them.
Anyways your idea is great, it would be great to have an additional possibility to discover really unique ships in a random locations at the time we have player shipyards, so we can e.g. reverse engineer them with research and then produce them. Remember the Aran, Acinonyx Prototype and similar ;)
Exactly, just like finding an older style ship and doing her up.
Ventures should be like fishing and finding a boot, something unique and unexpected alongside those abandoned/Derelict ones

dwbennett
x4

Post by dwbennett » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 23:41

Claiming the Perseus Vanguard.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 67D16D334/

Note the shadow of me in the spacesuit.

Way cool.

Take care,

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
dwbennett

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 19:00

PHQ Frigate seems to have changed. Game started (Paranid Warrior) in 1.6, mission stage done in 2.0 beta, Cerberus Vanguard had changed to Osprey Vanguard.
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 09:18

Everytime someone offers a "fragile extraction" mission, a free M ship spawns in the target sector.
Just accept the mission to be guided to it, then abort it and claim the ship for you.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 09:45

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 09:18
Everytime someone offers a "fragile extraction" mission, a free M ship spawns in the target sector.
Just accept the mission to be guided to it, then abort it and claim the ship for you.
that's Naughty :twisted:

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 10:27

shealladh wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 09:45
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Indeed :twisted:

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 16:31

StormMagi wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 19:00
PHQ Frigate seems to have changed. Game started (Paranid Warrior) in 1.6, mission stage done in 2.0 beta, Cerberus Vanguard had changed to Osprey Vanguard.
I believe it depends on the ownership of the sector where you first accept the PHQ mission - in my latest game I started the mission in holy vision and ended up with a Gorgon Vanguard

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 16:39

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 10:27
shealladh wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 09:45
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Indeed :twisted:
I will have to remember that.
MOD XR Show Skills

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 16:39

caltrop wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 16:31
StormMagi wrote:
I believe it depends on the ownership of the sector where you first accept the PHQ mission - in my latest game I started the mission in holy vision and ended up with a Gorgon Vanguard
Interesting, maybe first post can get updated to reflect that?
MOD XR Show Skills

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 23:28

StormMagi wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 16:39
caltrop wrote:
StormMagi wrote:
Yep, right now the first post ship + location (Cerberus Sentinel + Black Hole Sun) just reflects that the mission was started in an Argon sector for that playthrough. The variant seems to be the *opposite* to that used by the owning faction - so a Sentinel in an ARG sector, and a Vanguard for a HOP sector

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 23:33

caltrop wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 23:28
StormMagi wrote:
caltrop wrote:

Yep, right now the first post ship + location (Cerberus Sentinel + Black Hole Sun) just reflects that the mission was started in an Argon sector for that playthrough. The variant seems to be the *opposite* to that used by the owning faction - so a Sentinel in an ARG sector, and a Vanguard for a HOP sector
Not sure that is the case, but I forget who owns Hewa's Twin IV The Cove (mission was right next to pirate base.
MOD XR Show Skills

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 00:04

The Cove is a neutral sector bordering Teladi space, do it doesn’t surprise me that you got an Osprey

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 15:10

caltrop wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 23:28
StormMagi wrote:
caltrop wrote:

Thanks, I will update it!

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 15:44

I actually missed the PHQ freebie. I mean I didn't claim it because I didn't find it during the mission. But it was there, claimed afterwards a free Osprey with no mines around in Grand Exchange.

It died miserably during a venture :(

freiman17
x4

Post by freiman17 » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 09:40

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Are we sure that this is true?

I am not all that smart, but I have been trying to test this all morning, and it appears that this is not the case.

f

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 10:05

freiman17 wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 09:40
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Are we sure that this is true?

I am not all that smart, but I have been trying to test this all morning, and it appears that this is not the case.

f
"Fragile extraction" or "Fatal attraction", it's one of the two. Both are about minesweeping and, in one of them, you have to personally fly the ship back to a station: that's the kind of mission I'm talking about.

freiman17
x4

Post by freiman17 » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 16:25

thanks!

MaddenBrain
x4

Post by MaddenBrain » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:50

Hi guys!
Have someone found any free split ships?

L_B_P
x4

Post by L_B_P » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 05:28

Do the EMP bomb still work on the Odysseus Vanguard, so you dont need a marine to get it ?
EMP bomb dont seems to work in my game start anymore

Then you do the guild mission and get "Fragile extraction" just cancel the mission and selll the ship or keep it for personal use. Easy way to earn money fast
For my owne record join 04 Nov 2005

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 08:03

L_B_P wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 05:28
Do the EMP bomb still work on the Odysseus Vanguard, so you dont need a marine to get it ?
EMP bomb dont seems to work in my game start anymore

Then you do the guild mission and get "Fragile extraction" just cancel the mission and selll the ship or keep it for personal use. Easy way to earn money fast
you will get a massive rep hit if you decide to keep it,after its been captured.

(not worth it anymote)
X gamer , one at a time.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”