Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 22. Jan 24, 08:35

Tovrin wrote:
Sun, 21. Jan 24, 22:44
Ok .. dumb question, but how do you see the coordinates on the map? I'm trying to find the location in Silent Witness XII, but the map is choked with mines and it's impossible to find anything. Being able to see my map coordinates would be handy.
Displaying map coordinates is not possible in vanilla.

Enter Silent Witness XII, you may drop a nav beacon right next to the Superhighway exit for easier distamce measurement. Head about 300 km north, long range scan for a Data Vault. You find the abandoned ship about 240 km away from the Superhighway exit in the direction of the Data Vault.

redstamp

Post by redstamp » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 12:25

I can only find the destroyer from the list in the first post - tried going to locations and using long range scanner in all directions and setting down advanced satellites, but nothing showing. No mods and Young Guns start in fresh install of vanilla X4 foundations - no DLCs. Just starting out - have a dock at the PHQ, but not far progressed yet - are these still live or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help - realise the post was some time ago, but still seems to be live...

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 14:57

redstamp wrote:
Sun, 11. Feb 24, 12:25
I can only find the destroyer from the list in the first post - tried going to locations and using long range scanner in all directions and setting down advanced satellites, but nothing showing. No mods and Young Guns start in fresh install of vanilla X4 foundations - no DLCs. Just starting out - have a dock at the PHQ, but not far progressed yet - are these still live or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help - realise the post was some time ago, but still seems to be live...
Yes, they are still there in the current version. They are hard to spot the first time. You could try to send a scout to explore the region, they can notify you when they find an abandoned ship.

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Mon, 26. Feb 24, 20:51

Note: Do not capture personally or come close to the ship personally (in sector). Ship is in the dangerous region and hull will quickly reach 0 and explode. After discovering the ship location remotely, send the ship with one rookie marine to capture, promote to captain and take it out of the dangerous region.
Just RE the Drill Vanguard, for me it was *right* on the edge of a radiation zone. With enough of a runup and a decently heavy ship you may be able to just launch a ship at it from the other side with enough speed that you can knock it out of the region enough to claim it without taking a lot of hull damage. I managed to knock it clear and claim it personally with only having to repair the fighter.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”