Yaki Plot Combinations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

XenoXenoson
x4

Yaki Plot Combinations

Post by XenoXenoson » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 17:39

All righty, so I'm leaving this here because I had to look for it and couldn't get many straight answers, especially regarding Mutually Assured Destruction and how it interacts with the plot. Here are the combinations, and results, of the Yaki Plot points. Do correct me if I'm mistaken in any of these.

Litigious Rodent :
The choice here leads to no lasting consequences in any case.
  • Deliver to TER. You lose the Moreya, and receive a Katana in exchange with the Yaki IFF. There will be a scripted fight in Savage Spur I.
  • Deliver to Boso Ta. You keep the Moreya, and there is no scripted fight in Savage Spur I.
The Smoking Gun :
Both choices result in the free Syn. This step is completed independently of the next two.
  • Tell Delilah that the Yaki are a threat. This results in a concentrated Terran attack towards Savage Spur I and the Yaki base by a very strong fleet led by an Asgard. You will receive guidance every 15 minutes towards the flagship until either it or the Yaki are destroyed. Presumably will remove the ability to start 'A Heart for Pirates' if this succeeds. Unsure if this will be averted by destroying the flagship.
  • Tell Delilah that the Yaki are disorganized (Requires Dal Busta). No Terran attack occurs.
This here is where the plotlines diverge. Completing one will cause the other to fail.

Mutually Assured Destruction :
  • Place the navigation beacons leading towards Earth. Completing this step will result in Shinamon racing (very quickly) towards Terran Secret Service to inform them of your treachery. Failing to intercept him results in TER becoming hostile to the player. Successfully intercepting him results in no loss of rep. Completing the story from this point will result in a large gain in YAK rep, lockboxes with rare seminars, paint jobs, and upgrade components, and the ability to trigger a XEN invasion of TER space.

It is worth noting that this option does allow for the mission 'A Heart for Pirates' to occur, but only AFTER you pull the Xenon trigger.
Save Them From Themselves :
  • Destroy the signal amplifier. This can be done in the Katana, Moreya, or any other ship you manage to get over there, though it is somewhat difficult as YAK ships will attempt to stop you. You do have your allies helping with Shinamon and his little gang, however. Succeeding here results in Shinamon, a 5-Star Pilot, and his modified Kuraokami joining you. You will also receive a YAK rep gain, minus any loss from the amplifier fight, and several lockboxes with seminars and upgrade components. Also paint.

This line also results in 'A Heart for Pirates' without the need to unleash deadly machines towards TER Space.
You can mix and match several of these outcomes based on your tastes. See the following :
  • Tell Delilah the Yaki are a threat + Destroy the Amplifier. This may make destroying the amplifier easier as TER fleets tear through Xenon space. However, this usually results in the destruction of the Yaki, preventing 'A Heart for Pirates'.
  • Tell Delilah the Yaki aren't a threat + Destroy the Amplifier. This will result in no attack on the Yaki, leaving destroying the amplifier up to you, but leaves the Yaki relatively safe from TER invasions, allowing 'A Heart for Pirates' to proceed unhindered, though you'll be on your own. Seems to be an intended 'Status Quo' option.
  • Tell Delilah the Yaki are a threat + Mutually Assured Destruction. The Terrans will send their expeditionary fleet, and you can simultaneously pull the trigger sending Xenon towards Earth. This could be helpful if you intend to take Savage Spur for yourself- the Xenon guarding it will be gone, and the Terrans will be distracted from capturing the sectors themselves. Again, this will likely result in the destruction of the Yaki regardless, as the Xenon warpath does not intersect with the expeditionary fleet.
  • Tell Delilah the Yaki aren't a threat + Mutually Assured Destruction. The Terrans will not attack Yaki space, and you will have a mission to pull the trigger sending the Xenon to Earth. Helpful if you want to weaken the Terrans without harming the Yaki. Can be especially helpful if combined with the TER/ARG plotline to weaken the Terrans even further. Once you pull the trigger, 'A Heart for Pirates' will begin, likely made somewhat easier by the Xenon evacuation of the sector.
A Heart for Pirates :
This plotline involves you destroying the Xenon in Yaki space. If you manage to complete this, the Yaki become neutral with ARG/ANT/TEL/MIN/FRF/ZYA, and they will trade with them instead of raiding them. They remain enemies with TER.

chew-ie
x4

Re: Yaki Plot Combinations

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 18:12

There is already a detailed description @official wiki: https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ation+Plot

Just did the combination leading to "Heart for Pirates" - it was tough & fun :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

XenoXenoson
x4

Post by XenoXenoson » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 19:28

Well, I'll be darned. I didn't even realize we had an actual wiki, which is silly to say considering now that I've been told about it I see it up there on the bar. :roll:

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 19:44

Not to put a finger on it :oops: ... but there is also a shortcut on this website:

It has a lot of informations - especially the plots are covered :)

:idea: Advice: filter the search for the "X4" content space (most X games are in the confluence wiki):

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 23:45

:D @ Norwegian Xenon

Dont know if you want to note it, but MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction), and particularly "Intercepting Shinamon" is a royal swine of a thing to achieve.
Spoiler
Show
  • You have to know where to intercept him (the sooner the better, having a fast ship to get to intercept him is a bonus).
  • You have to know what weapon (beam) to use to slow him down because he will be powering through the gates using travel mode and you need one lucky hit to slow him down and get some heavy weapons to bare as he drops out of travel mode ASAP
  • And have a decent ship you can teleport to "locally" that can take on a nicely modified Nemesis with a 5* pilot
Its a totally unfair mission imho. If you do it blind, first time, how would you know the above?. You only know if you have a save beforehand you can reload and try and try again.

You would have to be extremely lucky to have all the right ingredients to win this one first time round. Therefore I think this mission needs a heads up in case people come searching and want a win situation. It aint easy. I gave up and failed getting Shinamon (managed to stop him but ended up killing him), was happy just to end up being friends with Yaki (to get their blueprints and get the lockboxes). Scale plate terraforming got me all the 5* pilots I need eventually.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

XenoXenoson
x4

Post by XenoXenoson » Wed, 8. Feb 23, 03:21

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Tue, 7. Feb 23, 23:45
Dont know if you want to note it, but MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction), and particularly "Intercepting Shinamon" is a royal swine of a thing to achieve.
Even knowing what you have to do, I still failed it three times before catching Shinamon at the Asteroid Belt gate to Getsu Fune. It seems like the intention, placing the last beacon at Earth and with how fast Shinamon barrels towards Mars, is to suffer the consequences of your actions unless you're very well prepared on subsequent attempts. I think it's the right amount of tricky to accomplish, though they could do with some more emphasis on how difficult it will be to avoid the rep loss.

A tip? You can place the last satellite with any owned ship. I had a Rapier drop it off while I waited at Getsu Fune, missed Shinamon with EMP Missiles, and followed him through the gate where my lasertowers and beam Syn were waiting. :)
chew-ie wrote:
Tue, 7. Feb 23, 19:44
Not to put a finger on it :oops: ... but there is also a shortcut on this website:
Yeah that seems really obvious now that someone mentioned it. I don't think I've ever been there before today despite having ~1000 Hours in X4. Doesn't show up on a casual google search, and I only tend to pop up here around Beta time to help out testing. The forums and subreddit are easier to find than the wiki unless you frequent here!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”